Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jamal Owens

Add topic

Does anyone know where he ended up? Is there any chance of him coming back next year? He still a great recruit and would help tremendously.
Back to the top

Re: Jamal Owens

Odessa Community College in Texas

doubt we'll ever see him in an FAU jersey again

Wrangler Athletics @ Odessa College

he's not listed on the roster yet, but next season he will be

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Is he having academic problems? If he is, I think Rex has lost most or all of his patience with academic problems.

A few Florida players on that j.c. roster.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAUOWL….do not discount a Jamal Owens return to FAU.  IF rex does leave at the end of the year and  his replacement is….Coach Balado, something tells me that Mr. Owens could be coming back sooner then later!

~B U T T E R~
Back to the top

Who says Balado would even want him back, or Owens would want to come back? I'm sure the kid has plenty of talent but we don't need people like him on our team. I don't know the whole story but I don't think Rex is to blame for Owens leaving

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

yah i would prefer to keep him out of the organization…….people like him can become cancer-ous to a program…..we need to keep class act players that are studetns 1st, hate to say it but i dont think anyone is going to the pro's from this sqaud so they need to have a solid foundation in something besides basketball
Back to the top

Just proves once again that the gods have a sense of humor.  First they give a person great talent, then deny them the maturity to take advantage of it.  Jamal may be one of those guys that don't mature, just grow taller.  Wish him the best.
Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

"Just proves once again that the gods have a sense of humor.  First they give a person great talent, then deny them the maturity to take advantage of it…"

Lol…wha??

So you are on the spiritual chain of some "gods" eh?

IMO, it's a personal choice to remain "immature"…

But glad Rex nipped it in the bud when he did…

On a side note:

We need to sign this kid RIGHT NOW…

Wrangler Men's Basketball @ OC
Back to the top

Jamal Owens

Isn't Odessa where Owens went?  If I am reading between the lines of several posts, it appears that Owens may have left FAU with a bad taste in his mouth for RAW meat.  If so, and he is happily immature, do you think he will share his experiences at FAU with his fellow Odessa teammates?  Will this influence your guy?  Tune in tomorrow for another chapter of "Owens faces life"

Seriously, in defense of Owens and all other gifted people, how does one learn mature behavior or even choose it when immaturity has been rewarded for the length of the individual's existence.  I don;t profess to know Owens life as a child, but the impact of having a mature role model cannot be overstressed. As before, let's wish him the best.
Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

Isn't Odessa where Owens went?  If I am reading between the lines of several posts, it appears that Owens may have left FAU with a bad taste in his mouth for RAW meat.  If so, and he is happily immature, do you think he will share his experiences at FAU with his fellow Odessa teammates?

It  was more of a "fun" than anything…what are the odds of us signing a 6-9, 300lb guy with skilled hands and feet…

Not very good!  Lol…

BUT:

Owens can do Owens…he isnt a shadow on this program, and never will be…Rex is a winner…get on board or shove off…

Btw, Sutton took the same path as Owens, and he's back…he saw the light ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: