Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Memphis

Add topic

I must say, that has to be pretty disappointing. It was a pretty good game, and honestly I didn't think Memphis could hand Kansas, but they proved me wrong, at least for the first 58 mins of the game. All they had to do was sink ONE free throw and they would have won. But give credit to Kansas coming back from 9 down with 2 mins left to tie it. And that 3-pointer to take it to OT was crazy. Once it was going to OT, I knew Kansas would win. Tough loss but a great game. Once again, it just goes to show, that you MUST make you free throws
Back to the top

Re: Memphis

No doubt. I am happy for Kansas (even though I didn't win the pool) and I think it's because of our connection to Kansas through our coaches.
Back to the top

and thanks to Bossman we all hate Memphis

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Exactly. He ruined it for us. So I was Kansas all the way last night – especially since I have a friend who attends classes there.
Back to the top

I was actually pulling for Memphis.

Most of thier posters are decent folks, and belive it or not they actually hate BOSSMAN as much as we do. LOL

That frehman kid (Rose?) is an animal. Hes gonna be a hellavu player.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Memphis

don't mean to be disrespectful of the individual's talent, but it seems weird when we categorize players by their eligibility.  I know it is convenient to refer to Rose as a Freshman, but he is a 19.5 year old Freshman.  In our society, visions of Freshmen are fuzzy cheeked, 17-18 year old kids, still developing emotionally, physicially, and intellectually.  Rose is already one hell of a player, but at 19+ he probably is as physically developed as he will ever be.  We have a 22 year old Sophomore in the SBC and if I remember correctly there was a 25 year old player in the Big Dance this year.

Somehow, just recognizing their eligibility status as a means to compare players to an idealized model is both shallow and deceiving.

That being said, helluva a game
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I don't hate Memphis…in fact, if the Heat end up with #1 or #2 in the Draft Lottery i'd love to have him in South Florida!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Jab979 said

I don't hate Memphis…in fact, if the Heat end up with #1 or #2 in the Draft Lottery i'd love to have him in South Florida!

one has nothing to do with the other. When you say him I'm assuming you mean Rose? You can still dislike Memphis and hope your team gets him. I dislike UM tremendously but if the best player in the nation from any sport was entering a draft and he was from UM I'd want my team to pick him too.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: