Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty featured in Bleacherreport.com's Emerging Stars article

2008 Spring Football Coverage: Emerging Stars | Bleacher Report

…as "Honorable mention" among players from LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State… good company.
Back to the top

Re: Rusty featured in Bleacherreport.com's Emerging Stars article

owlcountry said

…as "Honorable mention" among players from LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State… good company.
i really see big things for rusty if he stays his full time at fau maybe a hiesmen candidate or at least mentioned through the seasons and possibly being drafted i believe he will be the first real big star of fau.
Back to the top

Rusty featured in Bleacherreport.com's Emerging Stars article

owlcountry40 said

owlcountry said

i really see big things for rusty if he stays his full time at fau maybe a hiesmen candidate or at least mentioned through the seasons and possibly being drafted i believe he will be the first real big star of fau.

Rusty won't leave early, he's a good QB but he's not good enough to leave early for the draft, especially right now. If he stays healthy (knock on wood) and he takes us to 1 or 2 more bowl games and wins, he will be the best player to date to ever play for FAU. However he has no shot in hell of ever being mentioned for Heisman

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

You're nuts.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I think the Heisman is a stretch…actually a big stretch…

BUT, i can see more accolades such as the ones garnered this year…and possible honroable mention All American if he puts another year together like last year…
Back to the top

He would seriously have to start single handedly winning games, throwing for 500 yards a game, running for 200 a game, scoring 4 or 5 tocuhdowns a game, breaking tackles and sacks, kicking his own extra points and field goals, playing linebacker on defense and leading the team in tackles (with 150), and the team would have to go undefeated.  Even then it would be a stretch.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

BUT, i can see more accolades such as the ones garnered this year…and possible honorable mention All American if he puts another year together like last year…
if he throws another 33-40 TD passes this year and we win 9 or 10 games and another bowl win i think there could be quite some hype for heading into his senior year i also said maybe for Heismen candidate but if he does what we think he can do he will at least be mentioned and can def be an all american 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Florida_Owl said

BUT, i can see more accolades such as the ones garnered this year…and possible honorable mention All American if he puts another year together like last year…
if he throws another 33-40 TD passes this year and we win 9 or 10 games and another bowl win i think there could be quite some hype for heading into his senior year i also said maybe for Heismen candidate but if he does what we think he can do he will at least be mentioned and can def be an all american

If he throws 40 TD passes and we win another bowl game he'll get some press but he still wont EVER be mentioned in the Heisman watch. There will a lot of hype around him for his senior year and he'll continue to set records at FAU.

As long as we keep winning and as long as we can get the campus on stadium I don't think any of us will really complain if he never gets a heisman

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

He would seriously have to start single handedly winning games, throwing for 500 yards a game, running for 200 a game, scoring 4 or 5 tocuhdowns a game, breaking tackles and sacks, kicking his own extra points and field goals, playing linebacker on defense and leading the team in tackles (with 150), and the team would have to go undefeated.  Even then it would be a stretch.

Haha, thats the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlcountry40 said

Florida_Owl said

if he throws another 33-40 TD passes this year and we win 9 or 10 games and another bowl win i think there could be quite some hype for heading into his senior year i also said maybe for Heismen candidate but if he does what we think he can do he will at least be mentioned and can def be an all American

If he throws 40 TD passes and we win another bowl game he'll get some press but he still wont EVER be mentioned in the Heisman watch. There will a lot of hype around him for his senior year and he'll continue to set records at FAU.

As long as we keep winning and as long as we can get the campus on stadium I don't think any of us will really complain if he never gets a heisman
i wont complain I'm just saying theres no reason with a real good Jr. campain he cant be considered one of the best qbs in the country heading into his senior year.
Back to the top
Control functions: