Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hurricanes ranked No.1

Add topic

Miami is ranked No.1 in  four different polls this week: USA Today/ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com, and NCBWA. Florida State is No.1 in Collegiate Baseball

Canes ranked No.1

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Hurricanes ranked No.1

….and only six of their 28 games have been outside of miami (includes all home games and a game at FIU).

They won't last.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

#1, eh? All the more incentive for us to defeat them when they come to Boca.
Back to the top

its actually AT Miami on wednesday…  ;)
Back to the top

holytoledo said

its actually AT Miami on wednesday…  ;)

and then it's AT boca raton on the 16th  ;)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Miami narrowly beat Florida Gulf Coast 4-2 in 11 innings last night…. like I said, No. 1 status won't last.

Back to the top

I wouldnt look down on UM for only beating Florida Gulf coast 4-2.  Florida Gulf Coast is 25-9 and tearing up the Atlantic Sun including wins at UCF and pounding FIU twice.  They had Florida beat in GAinesviulle before UF slipped away to win 2-1.  If they were eligible(They aren't-D1 transition year) for the tournament they'd be a lock for the NCAA's this year.  I expect them to be a very dangerous opponent for FAU when we play them in May.
Hopefully tonight we'll be able to pull of the upset that FGCU came so close to doing last night.  I believe it would be our first win over a #1 team in the program history.  But mostly Id just like to see a good competitive game.
Back to the top

Burrowingowl said

I wouldnt look down on UM for only beating Florida Gulf coast 4-2.  Florida Gulf Coast is 25-9 and tearing up the Atlantic Sun including wins at UCF and pounding FIU twice.  They had Florida beat in GAinesviulle before UF slipped away to win 2-1.  If they were eligible(They aren't-D1 transition year) for the tournament they'd be a lock for the NCAA's this year.  I expect them to be a very dangerous opponent for FAU when we play them in May.
Hopefully tonight we'll be able to pull of the upset that FGCU came so close to doing last night.  I believe it would be our first win over a #1 team in the program history.  But mostly Id just like to see a good competitive game.

I'm not looking down.  They aren't ranked and UM barely beat them–in extra innings, at Mark Light Stadium, which tough place to play for any opponent–that's the point.  I know very well how good FGCU is, I actually think they could beat us.

Back to the top

Hurricanes ranked No.1

i just want to know how they are excelling so quickly given how old they are?
Back to the top

Who? Gulf Coast?  Coaching… Tollett, their coach is highly regarded in Florida, he was one of the top high school coaches before going to FGCU. And he spent time coaching a development league… that churned out some great college players.

Back to the top
Control functions: