Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Reach Higher Ring of Fire Bonfire

…well isn't that a mouthful. I did not know about this:

FAU - Bonfire
Back to the top

Re: Reach Higher Ring of Fire Bonfire

What does this mean, "Reach higher ring of fire…Bonfire"??

Am I reading the announcement correctly, the scrimmage game is Thursday @ 6:30 and the "Bonfire" is at 7:30?  That doesn't make any sense, or am I reading it incorrectly?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

So They moved the scrimmage to a Thursday night - sweet, I will be able to make it  :D

But rather strange that the Bonfire is scheduled smack in the middle of the scrimmage game, if it's a pep rally like it indicates you would think that it would be prior to the scrimmage game, for something like 5:30  ???
Back to the top

I thought the last scrimmage was the Spring Game or is this a "quickie" scrimmage to set the tone for some exciting news on the new on-campus stadium ?!?!

Back to the top

lol, this sounds like an event at a Christian Summer Camp…  then again they are looking for converts so maybe they are taking a page out of that book.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

so does this mean there will not be a game on saturday the 19th?

if so i am going to be very disapointed since thats when they were originally saying our spring game was!?!?!?!

Y is our marketing team sooo bad…..why not make the spring game sat. and have the bonfire to follow?!?!?!?!?  ohh wait that makes sense?!?!?
Back to the top

"The Spring Game" will be as scheduled on Sat. the 19th.

They canceled this Friday practice & this upcoming Friday's practice - both are rescheduled for the following Monday & the Thursday's Scrimmage (with a scheduled practice earlier in the day) that will be part of the Bonfire, Pep-Rally.  Someone will be at the scrimmage, don't know who, but he must important for them to re-work the schedule & do this Pep-rally Bonfire thing.  Wish I had more to give.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Y is our marketing team sooo bad…..why not make the spring game sat. and have the bonfire to follow?!?!?!?!?  ohh wait that makes sense?!?!?

This lies FAR outside the "marketing team's" jurisdiction…

Get ready for some good news…….
Back to the top

Reach Higher Ring of Fire Bonfire

Willie Gary?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

For those wondering why there's a scrimmage on Thursday… From Ted's blog:

"Yes, the spring game is Saturday, and the seniors won’t practice beyond that. But because of the chance to show off before the Chambers of Commerce of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, which will all be meeting on campus April 24, there will be a short scrimmage on the track at that evening, followed by a bonfire at the site of the new stadium."

All I can say is… they better announce that we've got a sponsor for the stadium on the 24th. We need to put this to rest and get psyched for a Spring 2009 groundbreaking.

Back to the top
Control functions: