Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

REX GONE...AGAIN

Add topic

To USF..not that one…

Expected to be introduced Tuesday…

NCAA College Basketball News, Videos, Scores, Standings, Stats, Teams - FOX Sports on MSN's-Walters-to-coach

Frankly, after the whole Mercer mess, I think we are better off going in another direction anyway. 
Back to the top

Re: REX GONE...AGAIN

Unbelievable!
Back to the top

unfortuante for FAU but a reality of the game. hopefully FAU can attract a coach who wants to stay for a little while (4-6 year???). so what is that, 3 coaches over the last 4 years  ??? now thats not good
Back to the top

Kiss the recruits goodbye…

We now will take a step back…

BUT:

Like everyone else though, im glad!  Someone who can't keep thier word is of no use - to anyone.

Let's see if we can get someone who will stick around…
Back to the top

REX GONE...AGAIN

Florida_Owl said

Kiss the recruits goodbye…

We now will take a step back…

BUT:

Like everyone else though, im glad!  Someone who can't keep thier word is of no use - to anyone.

Let's see if we can get someone who will stick around…

Couldnt agree more, not to be negative but the basketball program just took a huge hit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Unreal
Back to the top

No, that isn't good.  We need to find someone who is willing to go through some rough times as we build a program without always looking for his next opportunity.  I have no problem with coaches having success and then landing bigger jobs.  I do have a problem when every offseason becomes a time to shop yourself.  Accomplish something here first.  Leave the program in better shape then when you came here.  Establish a tradition of winning, where the job can be filled from within if you ever leave.  That's all I ask.  
Back to the top

Un-flipping-believeable!!!

What an ass!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

"Florida Atlantic head coach Rex Walters will be introduced as the Dons head coach at a news conference on Tuesday, according to a source close to the situation."

FauOwl09 was that you again?!  ;D

Didn't a "source" close to the situation report he was going to Mercer?

Does USF need an AD as well? Maybe he can take his buddy Angelos with him

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

No, that isn't good.  We need to find someone who is willing to go through some rough times as we build a program without always looking for his next opportunity.  I have no problem with coaches having success and then landing bigger jobs.  I do have a problem when every offseason becomes a time to shop yourself. Accomplish something here first.  Leave the program in better shape then when you left.  Establish a tradition of winning, where the job can be filled from within if you ever leave.  That's all I ask.

I couldn't agree more with that. Rex was 31-33 over the past 2 years, albeit in a more difficult conference, but that still doesn't qualify in my book as leaving the program in better shape.
Back to the top
Control functions: