Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Possible Lead in Stadium Funding...

Add topic

A source of mine informed me that there is going to be a meeting this week in regards to a Kansas City firm sponsoring the stadium and innovation village. He would not give me hard details to protect his clients but indicated they have done this sort of thing on other campuses around the country.

They are interested due to the retail/housing situation that would be the innovation village. They are also aware of a "deadline" of end of april or may, so I'm assuming they are trying to get this done to get it started in time for a posssible '09 build.

I apologize for the lack of details, but this is apparently VERY preliminary. Please also dont take this as gospel, this is by NO means a done deal. They are just starting talks.

Seems like FAU is very actively trying to get this done.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Possible Lead in Stadium Funding...

owlfamily said

A source of mine informed me that there is going to be a meeting this week in regards to a Kansas City firm sponsoring the stadium and innovation village.

and so they schedule a mid week scrimmage, and have the Tri County chambers all in, with a bonfire. etc, etc, etc…

Get ready……. ;)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

A source of mine informed me that there is going to be a meeting this week in regards to a Kansas City firm sponsoring the stadium and innovation village.

and so they schedule a mid week scrimmage, and have the Tri County chambers all in, with a bonfire. etc, etc, etc…

Get ready……. ;)

Could be right FO.

My source informed that this all developed farily quickly. He was surprised that the meeting got this orginzed this fast.

Back to the top

There's a lot of benefit to being associated with the project sooner rather than later, as all the press leading up to the opening (including construction, future announcements, etc.) will include the sponsor's name. Let's hope for the best.
Back to the top

Possible Lead in Stadium Funding...

owlfamily said

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

Get ready……. ;)

Could be right FO.

My source informed that this all developed farily quickly. He was surprised that the meeting got this orginzed this fast.

Howard is an expert at this stuff!
Back to the top

Are we talking about the big naming rights sponsor or something more along the lines of the white teeth people?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Are we talking about the big naming rights sponsor or something more along the lines of the white teeth people?

From what I heard the whole Enchilada.

Again, NOT CONFIRMED just a possibility..

Back to the top

owlfamily said

From what I heard the whole Enchilada.

You are not the only one… :)

Back to the top

Don't get my hopes up…..I jsut hope its not something like Jimbo's Feed Store Stadium (what with the constantly increasing price of corn and all)…actually scratch that I could care less..

Assuming this happens, does this mean we can get it built for 2009??

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Don't get my hopes up…..I jsut hope its not something like Jimbo's Feed Store Stadium (what with the constantly increasing price of corn and all)…actually scratch that I could care less..

Assuming this happens, does this mean we can get it built for 2009??

cant DEFINITELY say anything about a date, but that has been tossed out there by HS…
Back to the top
Control functions: