Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Howard S is the #13 Non-BCS FB coach per Sporting News

Add topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Au6mAmjBcqANb3N5IrCQhCscvrYF?slug=rankingthenonbcscoachesd&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I figured you might enjoy your coach being ranked that high.

THE critera the guy used is same as when he ranked the BCS coaches.  He said in first article "Like I have in the past, I will rank the coaches in each of the six BCS conferences based on past performances, future expectations and general feel for a guy's sideline acumen and ability to build a program. "

Sorry you disagree with the sporting news oppinion. It is funny how each school thinks others are Overrated.

Back to the top

Re: Howard S is the #13 Non-BCS FB coach per Sporting News

That poll is an insult to HS
Back to the top

Howard S is the #13 Non-BCS FB coach per Sporting News

roscoeowl said

That poll is an insult to HS

I think there are definitely a "questionable" few above him…that's for sure…
Back to the top

UCF's O'Leary ahead of HS?  Joke.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If June Jones stayed in Hawaii then yeah he's # 1 but he's at SMU and he won't have nearly the same success, at least not right away. Jones should be lower on this list unless he can perform miracles at SMU.

I can understand Blakenly just because Troy has been a force to reckoned with and have had more quality wins over big name teams like OK State then we do.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

this poll obviously HAS to be an indictment on the PROGRAMS in which these coaches coach

if it is JUST the coach, howard schnellenberger has a frikkin national championship to his name and 4-0 in bowl games, lol

he's #1

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Yeh this is really a list of the best non-BCS teams with the names of their coaches.  Otherwise HS is #1

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Mario Cristobal #38  ??? with an all time record of 1-23  ???

Nothing against Cristobal. He might turn out to be a great coach. But not yet. He hasn't proved himself. He is ranked ahead of many other coaches with more success. I think FIU was ranked 119 last year.

Howard is better than # 13. Give me a break! The only coach to win a national championship on the list. Others have been more successfull RECENTLY with old, established programs with stadiums.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

well faualum, that just goes to show you how rediculous that poll is and the guy that wrote it. He may have been smoking some thing besides tobacco
Back to the top

faualum said

Mario Cristobal #38  ??? with an all time record of 1-23  ???

Nothing against Cristobal. He might turn out to be a great coach. But not yet. He hasn't proved himself. He is ranked ahead of many other coaches with more success. I think FIU was ranked 119 last year.

Just to state that Cristobal has only coached for one year, and his record is still a dismal 1-11.  Other than that, I agree with most of your post, as Mario is far from being proved.  
Back to the top
Control functions: