Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who do you think will most likely get drafted from FAU in the future?

Out of all the current players on the roster who do you think will get drafted?  In say the 4th round or higher?  Smith, Polo?  How much potential do you think these guys would have at the pro level?
Back to the top

Re: Who do you think will most likely get drafted from FAU in the future?

Who do you think will most likely get drafted from FAU in the future?

The said

Out of all the current players on the roster who do you think will get drafted?  In say the 4th round or higher?  Smith, Polo?  How much potential do you think these guys would have at the pro level?

Who knows what round, but I think there will be multiple players drafted off of the current team.  Smith, Polo, Frantz Joseph, Cortez Gent, and Harmon are all possibilities.  One guy who is very young, but has the physical tools to play on the next level is Lestar Jean.  I think he's going to be a star this season.  I'm sure i'm missing some other players.
Back to the top

Lester! nice for my old suite mate
Back to the top

He's not on the current roster but before the NO bowl they were talking about how they see Cerg being drafted.

If Rusty continues on this path he'll definitely get drafted. I don't know about Polo… time will tell he had a lot of INT's but he was burned far more times then he picked people off

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

He's not on the current roster but before the NO bowl they were talking about how they see Cerg being drafted.

If Rusty continues on this path he'll definitely get drafted. I don't know about Polo… time will tell he had a lot of INT's but he was burned far more times then he picked people off

Granted, I'm definitely no expert but:

Yeah, it's waaay too early to say on Polo. He had a very good first season, I'll give you that.

Harmon and Frantz Joseph would be my picks (from the current team). If Rusty knocks out Michigan State, Texas and Nebraska I think he'll have a better shot. I'm sure they'll bring up his "awkward" throwing motion when they consider him.

I think this season will give us a better idea about Lestar Jean.

Back to the top

This time next year we'll be talking about Frantz…he's been my pick for a while now. He's big, strong, smart and will lead our conference in tackles this year.

Harmon is a great pseudo TE for our team but he'd never make it as one in the NFL, no where near big and strong enough to block the pass rush and the LBs in the NFL are just as fast as he is and as much as I like him he doesn't have what it takes to be a WR in the league either.

You never know about Rusty, two more good years, knowledge of a pro style system, good size and a great head on his shoulders, he's got a very very good chance. Remember Jared Allen had a great shot, was in Tampa camp twice and had a little run in NFL Europe and I think Rusty is just as good now, could be better, that's to be seen.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

This time next year we'll be talking about Frantz…he's been my pick for a while now. He's big, strong, smart and will lead our conference in tackles this year.

Harmon is a great pseudo TE for our team but he'd never make it as one in the NFL, no where near big and strong enough to block the pass rush and the Lbs in the NFL are just as fast as he is and as much as I like him he doesn't have what it takes to be a WR in the league either.

You never know about Rusty, two more good years, knowledge of a pro style system, good size and a great head on his shoulders, he's got a very very good chance. Remember Jared Allen had a great shot, was in Tampa camp twice and had a little run in NFL Europe and I think Rusty is just as good now, could be better, that's to be seen.

I agree with Frantz.  But I disagree on Harmon.  He is not an in-line TE (a blocker), he is more of a hybrid, slot receiver or h-back at the next level.  He is like Dustin Keller , Purdue in this year's draft or Travis Beckum, Wisconsin.  Harmon has similar size to Beckum who is 6'4" 221.  Beckum would have been an early round draft pick if he had come out this year and he is projected to be a 1st round pick in next years draft.  They both averaged 13.1 yards per catch last year.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

Granted, I'm definitely no expert but:

Yeah, it's waaay too early to say on Polo. He had a very good first season, I'll give you that.

Harmon and Frantz Joseph would be my picks (from the current team). If Rusty knocks out Michigan State, Texas and Nebraska I think he'll have a better shot. I'm sure they'll bring up his "awkward" throwing motion when they consider him.

I think this season will give us a better idea about Lestar Jean.

If Rusty knocks out Michigan State, Texas, and Nebraska he would be the #1 pick in the draft since the odds of that happening are about 1/10,000.  An "awkward" throwing motion didn't deny Phillip Rivers from being drafted in the first round, and so far Rusty is ahead of what Rivers was doing as a starter.

Phillip Rivers Sophomore stats:
Cmp Att Yds TD Int Y/A Cmp% Rate Y/G
240 369 2586 16 7 7.0 65.0 134.4 235.1 .

Rusty Smith Sophomore stats:
CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD INT Rate  Y/G
281 479 58.7 3688 7.7 32    9  141.6  283.6

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Phillip Rivers Sophomore stats:
Cmp Att Yds TD Int Y/A Cmp% Rate Y/G
240 369 2586 16 7 7.0 65.0 134.4 235.1 .

Rusty Smith Sophomore stats:
CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD INT Rate  Y/G
281 479 58.7 3688 7.7 32    9  141.6  283.6

That's pretty neat.  Was NC State any good his sophomore year?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

As a note ESPN Draft central has a listing by schools of all players that MIGHT get drafted.

Heres the SunBelt teams

FIU-1
Troy-5
UNT-2
ULM-2
ULL- 0
AKS- 1
MTSU- 3
WKU-1

NO Bowl Opponent
Memphis-0

And your Sunbelt Conference Champion, and winner of the New Orleans Bowl FAU?

I'm sick to death of the seniors of this school getting NO love from the NFL. They are obviously talented athletes who have proven themselves, and yet teams that are Div 2 and barely win one 1 game have players being talked about as draftees?

I just don't get it.  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: