Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dons Central message board

Add topic

This is a crapy as he** message board but none the less, here it is.

I've only read a few posts. No one who posts on here says much but this isn't the most excited bunch of people talking about hiring Walters

Dons Central

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Dons Central message board

Did anyone else see the thread on their board about a possible Freddie Riley siteing at U San Fran . 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

Did anyone else see the thread on their board about a possible Freddie Riley siteing at U San Fran .

Yeah, I saw it. It irritates the s*** out of me to think that Rex Walters not only insulted us by leaving abruptly but now he's also trying to steal our best recruits. I know he's been recruiting them and it's not against the rules but it definitely feels like underhanded sabotage.
Back to the top

USF can have Fred Riley.

He was not even going to play at FAU, this year.

He was going to be a practice player while TRYING to get his grade eligible.

He was going to be a waste.

FAU fans should worry more about Dago Pena, Shay Shine, and Jimmy Sutton.

PLUS, I am sure the coaching staff will have guys to replace ones that decide to go elsewhere.

~B U T T E R~
Back to the top

owlcountry said

roscoeowl said

Yeah, I saw it. It irritates the s*** out of me to think that Rex Walters not only insulted us by leaving abruptly but now he's also trying to steal our best recruits. I know he's been recruiting them and it's not against the rules but it definitely feels like underhanded sabotage.

Trust me i feel the same way you do owlcountry.  It will also be very peculiar if he actually was considering USF and somehow got admitted there but was going to have go to Hargrave if he were to come to FAU.  Of course this is all just rumor speculation so far.  
Back to the top

Butterfly4 said

USF can have Fred Riley.

Even if he wasn't going to play this year, we should still keep in contact with him so he could come the year after.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Butterfly4 said

USF can have Fred Riley.

Even if he wasn't going to play this year, we should still keep in contact with him so he could come the year after.

Reminder:

He's going to Prep School - Hargrave Military Academy.

Back to the top

Agree-we need to take a deep breath and settle down a little.  I read the blog on Freddie.  Hell, they didn't even know what he looks like even though his picture is available on Scout.com.

On recruiting-this is such a hypocritical thing.  FAU signs players, but coaches snag them.  It is such BS to think that recruits fall in love with the university on their visits.  That is not only a secondary, but probably a tertiary consideration.  These kids a calibrating the coach, the other players, the facility, the TV package, then the University.  If it were the other way around, why doesn't the dean of Admissions go on recruiting trips-LOL.

I am convinced that most players would play in a high school gym for coaching legends rather than play in the superdome for an unknown coach.  RW had an advantage over most coaches in the SBC in his name recognition and (apparently) several letters of recommendation from legendary coaches.  I know I would carry them with me into every recruits house and use them as literacy tests :D

The task at hand is to convince Pena, Shavon and Sutton that all the reasons for their signing the LOI are still in place.  The uncommitted should be "worked" but if they fall off the table, so be it. 
Back to the top

Can someone post this "blog" info please, i can see it due to firewall…

thanks!

and also, we shouldnt forget that they HAVE to honor thier letters…which last i heard (from NCAA compliance manual interpretation) is the case - there is no "out" unless you want to sit a year.
Back to the top

Dons Central message board

NEWOWLOLDBBFAN1 said

On recruiting-this is such a hypocritical thing.  FAU signs players, but coaches snag them.  It is such BS to think that recruits fall in love with the university on their visits.  That is not only a secondary, but probably a tertiary consideration.  These kids a calibrating the coach, the other players, the facility, the TV package, then the University.  If it were the other way around, why doesn't the dean of Admissions go on recruiting trips-LOL.

They don't but they hire people to essentially do the same thing.

Interestingly, I was told that the Boca campus has four total recruiters. The Honors college has eight. It's a budget issue, of course. Fortunately high school students know how to google.

NEWOWLOLDBBFAN1 said

The task at hand is to convince Pena, Shavon and Sutton that all the reasons for their signing the LOI are still in place.  The uncommitted should be "worked" but if they fall off the table, so be it.
But Pena and Shavon are a linked package, are they not? One of the things they liked was being able to play together at the college level. But Pena was more highly rated than Shavon. So to steal them away, I would think another university (another coach) would need to solicit them both.
Back to the top
Control functions: