Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Cooney

Add topic

Word is that Coach may announce his retirement at the press conference today.

Man i hope this isnt true
Back to the top

Re: Coach Cooney

It's official….

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/04/24/0424fau.html

Way to be debby downer on a day of celebration. FAU couldn't have picked a better time for this?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

This must have been in the works for a while. It's not like Cooney to make a decision like this on short notice.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Losing a good man today.......
Back to the top

Maybe this will motivate the team the rest of the season to send Cooney out a winner.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Maybe this will motivate the team the rest of the season to send Cooney out a winner.

I hope so, it would be nice to get a new banner out there for our first sun belt title.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Sad news.  He is a really, really nice man.  He leaves big shoes to fill.  Hopefully he'll remain part of FAU Athletics in some way.
Back to the top

Yes-both Coach and his wife have wanted to move to Tennessee for some time-he was even in the mix for the U of Tennessee job opening this past year.  Hopefully this years team can pull it together to send him out a winner-we know they have the talent-we just need to be consistant.

CanadianOwl said

This must have been in the works for a while. It's not like Cooney to make a decision like this on short notice.
Back to the top

Coach Cooney

I really hope FAU can put something together quickly for him. The man has been a staple at FAU. What better way to go out then to have them name the field after you.

FAU baseball stadium at Kevin Cooney Field or just call it the Kevin Cooney stadium. He has been here for 21 years and it would be an honor to have his name associated with our baseball team forever.

So who will be the new coach? Coach McCormick?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Hopefully he'll remain part of FAU Athletics in some way.

He will be in the FAU Athletics Hall of Fame within one year - tops.
Back to the top
Control functions: