Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Where could a transfer student live on or near campus?

Add topic

I'm talking about the 20-21 age range so no dorms.  I know Boca is pretty expensive and there isn't too many on-campus apartments…Any input?
Back to the top

Re: Where could a transfer student live on or near campus?

The said

I'm talking about the 20-21 age range so no dorms.  I know Boca is pretty expensive and there isn't too many on-campus apartments…Any input?

Check out the apartments and such directly east of campus, by Brogan's place. Look at Bicycle Club, Casa Del Rio… there are actually five or six different apartment complexes over there.

Also check across the street from FAU, among the BRCH-associated medical buildings… there are some apartments there.

Addiitonally, I know some FAU people who live just off St.Andrews by the Boca Mall. The name of the neighborhood escapes me at the moment. I want to say the Vinings 2. It's south of the mall and Duffy's but still about 5-10 minutes to campus.

There are also some FAU students who live directly across the street from the beach. There are some apartment complexes mixed in with the condos over there and I think the girl said she was paying ~$550 a month as one of three people in a suite. It was on A1A south of Spanish River.

Worse comes to worse, live in Delray like a lot of FAU students. Spring Harbor (where Rusty Smith lives and I used to live) is a good place right off Linton/I-95.
Back to the top

The said

Check your PM's…
Back to the top

Check Deerifeld Beach.  I used to live there, right behind Flannigans.  You can find some real cool places fro decent rent if you look around over there.  Lots of stuff to do right there, beach is a block away like 7-8 bars/restaurants within walking distance, and not too far from campus.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

one word: Craigslist

awesome site for finding a place to stay
Back to the top

Look for a place in Windwood right next to FAU, its a good community.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Where could a transfer student live on or near campus?

Thanks for all the input.  Where would you say the most students reside off-campus?  I'm looking for a community that houses a good number of FAU students.  I'm trying to stay as close to campus as possible.  Thanks again! 
Back to the top

Vinings too. Boca Townplace. Reflections. Casa Del Rio. Palm Tree Point (good prices too, but 15 minutes from school.)

Honestly man, its worth living on campus in the apartments.

Living in an apartment around Boca…
$50 water a month
$100 in cable/internet a month
$250 in food a month (and that's really low)

You might as well live on campus and save the money. The apartments are pretty chill on campus. Little small but you'll meet a lot of people that way too.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Vinings too. Boca Townplace. Reflections. Casa Del Rio. Palm Tree Point (good prices too, but 15 minutes from school.)

Honestly man, its worth living on campus in the apartments.

Living in an apartment around Boca…
$50 water a month
$100 in cable/internet a month
$250 in food a month (and that's really low)

You might as well live on campus and save the money. The apartments are pretty chill on campus. Little small but you'll meet a lot of people that way too.

Man, those studios on campus would be perfect if it were only one person. 
Back to the top

The apartments were pretty fun when I was there.  You do meet a lot of people that you othewise probably wouldn't meet.  I transferred in after CC just like you, so I didn't want to be surrounded by freshman all the time either (Unless they were drunk freshman girls).  I lived in the studios for three years, but two of those years I picked my roomates, so it worked out pretty good.  And all our neighbors pretty much kept the same places, so we usually had the same people around us each year.  As smitty was saying, on campus may be a little cheaper, and you get the "experience", but also to me, it's one less thing you have to worry about, no rent, no bills.  That was worth it to me. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: