Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Pre-Season Top 25 Projection

6. Texas Longhorns
Losing tailback Jamaal Charles to the NFL draft might be a tremendous blow on offense, but coach Mack Brown went a long way toward rebuilding his defense by hiring Auburn coordinator Will Muschamp. Quarterback Colt McCoy will have to carry a bigger load because of the uncertainty at tailback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3240529

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN Pre-Season Top 25 Projection

Pre-season means absolutely NOTHING…never accrurate…but it does drive hits, and sell articles…

Florida_Owl's Pre-Season Top 25 Projection:

23. Texas

;)
Back to the top

That much more incentive to beat them… I wish they were ranked #1.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

ESPN Pre-Season Top 25 Projection

Texas is not a top ten team to start the season. We have such a great shot at beating them. A little pressure on Colt and our offense putting up 35 can win us the game. The defense will be getting use to a new coach in the first game ever with him? Give me a break, there going to be all over the place and only five of them are returing starters.
Back to the top

Just being realistic....it would be close to a miracle to beat them on the road.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Just being realistic….it would be close to a miracle to beat them on the road.

We've never beaten a ranked team, never even come close. I see the trend continuing for the 1st game. I don't think we'll get blown off the field but I don't see us winning

Back to the top

If we can hang with Texas for four full quarters and maybe put a little scare in them I would be satisfied, not happy but satisfied.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think it will be similar to the USF game. We have a good first half, but as the game goes on, their bench will be just a bit deeper than ours. I hope I'm wrong!
Back to the top

Lm77 said

I think it will be similar to the USF game. We have a good first half, but as the game goes on, their bench will be just a bit deeper than ours. I hope I'm wrong!

Wasn't USF ranked 6th when we played them?  Not that preseason rankings mean anything.
Back to the top

Yes they were 6 then moved up to 4 when they beat us

Back to the top
Control functions: