Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Predictions For Upcoming Season.....Offense, Defense, Special Teams

Predictions For Upcoming Season.....Offense, Defense, Special Teams

What do u guys think the predictions will be for these three groups? Offense, Defense, and Special Teams
Back to the top

Re: Predictions For Upcoming Season.....Offense, Defense, Special Teams

owls#1 said

What do u guys think the predictions will be for these three groups? Offense, Defense, and Special Teams

All three should have a stellar season, especially the defense.
Back to the top

Wasn't the pass rush an issue last year?
Back to the top

The said

Huge issue.  Couldn't stop the run either.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

The said

Yup, and from what Ted Hutton saw at practice Howard had the defense working hard on that very issue.

I think Offense and Defnse will be fine, I dont see what may of helped special teams all that much. We need them to step it up.

Edit: WOOT post 400.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hold your stones and tomatoes, but i havent seen anything that leads me to believe that our D-Line will be that much improved…improved, yes, but much improved, no.

We are still green and youthful there…and YES Cox and Johnson have HUGE promise…they are going to be good…but its going to take some time…we are still relying on Council and Savidge to bolster our line heavily…St Clair is still banged up and needs REST…

Offensively, we should be even better…absolutely…but keep in m ind that we need a solid showing for Smiths replacement…thats not so easy of shoes to fill - he played MUCH bigger than his size and was a VERY smart player to boot…we may need a couple games to iron that kink out…

Special teams started to come together in league play and in the bowl towards the end of the season…one would surmise that it would continue…especially with DI-Edge back for a super senior year…

Ill go out on a limb and accept the flogging you all will give, but this is it for me for games 1 - 5…

Offense:

A-

Defense

B-

Special Teams

B-

Will re-evaluate in conference play when it all changes…
Back to the top

I actually think the defense is not going to be as good as last years…all three guys we lost were gamers and leaders.  Our defensive line is behind the rest of the team in talent…I imagine it is hard to recruit.  Our special teams should be okay, we need SERIOUS work on punting and returning punts.  Our offense has a lot to live up to, that O-line will really have to excel to improve upon last years numbers.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Here are some of my key points that I will be looking at coming Fall as we head into the season opener and spring is hard to get a really good gauge as to where this team is, with many youngsters getting a look.

We need to establish a better pass rush and I do think that Coach S is working the defense hard to get this done.  This is a must with the style of offenses we see weekly with the spread, we need to have good SOLID penetration to help disrupt the opposing offenses and one reason we gave up so much yardage and other teams where able to hang around as much as they did.

The offense last year didn't get off to a good start, which was expected, losing 4-5 of your starting receivers in a short period of time - it did cause some timing issues Rusty had with the newer receivers he, but once the learning curve factored itself in and they found their form, the offense became very productive at the right time, it still needs some fine tuning and we will have a few new faces on the line and we now what that can mean for an offense with this type of system.  There is some experience there, just not the deep I would like to see, which is the opposite for the DL where we should have Depth.

The offense still will have a bunch of weapons, so I am hoping we can take advantage of the experience we do have returning and be as explosive and dangerous that I think we can become & it may not matter much if the defense any better or not.

I do think that we have some very talented guys on defense and I don't see a drop off there and if we do get a better pass rush, it should help the secondary out a great deal.

Back to the top
Control functions: