Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ted Hutton's BLOG today

Add topic

Does this guy get paid for predicting no brainers?
I am PREDICTING that Mike Jarvis is going to get the FAU gig.

That means I have a feeling that he will be the choice, based on conversations I have had with numerous folks, and after looking over the field of
candidates.
Gee Ted what gave you that idea? First he makes it sound like a bold prediction then he has inside info. He comes off like he's gloating! That's like saying the forecast has a 99% chance of rain but their's a ray of sun in that 1% Guy's a tool, if he's right, it's not based on those "conversations with numerous folks." (He'd be right for the reasons we all suspect as well). PS this "rant" was directed more towards journalist swearing they have an inside source everywhere. As if anyone would tip a writer off to credible info. I suspect those "folks" are offering opinions, like us.
Back to the top

Re: Ted Hutton's BLOG today

gradschoolowl said

Does this guy get paid for predicting no brainers?
I am PREDICTING that Mike Jarvis is going to get the FAU gig.

That means I have a feeling that he will be the choice, based on conversations I have had with numerous folks, and after looking over the field of
candidates.
Gee Ted what gave you that idea? First he makes it sound like a bold prediction then he has inside info. He comes off like he's gloating! That's like saying the forecast has a 99% chance of rain but their's a ray of sun in that 1% Guy's a tool, if he's right, it's not based on those "conversations with numerous folks." (He'd be right for the reasons we all suspect as well).

Why the Ted bashing?  He does a great job reporting on FAU sports.  He wasn't gloating.  He made that a statement yesterday that he thought Jarvis would get the job and apparently took that as  if it happened already.  He's just pointing out that he is simply making the prediction.

Anyway, his blog today is an excellent look at Jarvis and some allegations(many unfounded) some have made against him on the blog.  It's a good read.
Back to the top

There are only two reporters who know anything about FAU Athletics…who have been assigned the beat for YEARS…and who faithfully meet with the coaches and admin, talk, discuss, probe, and cover all of the angles - that are willing to be shared…

People can think what they want, but we'll see what happens…that's all im going to say…

Just for the record, Ted doesnt throw things around unless they are VALIDATED…that never has been and will never be his style…thats also a prerequisite for sound journalism and reporting…

Unlike some of the "talk" on this board…
Back to the top

Teddy was giving his opinion, he's thought this way for a while. Not to sure what you have against him. Maybe you should tell him on his blog instead of telling us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Their are far better things to get fired up about.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Ted Hutton's BLOG today

Fledgling said

Their are far better things to get fired up about.

yeah, like the price of gas!

;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

There are only two reporters who know anything about FAU Athletics…who have been assigned the beat for YEARS…and who faithfully meet with the coaches and admin, talk, discuss, probe, and cover all of the angles - that are willing to be shared…

People can think what they want, but we'll see what happens…that's all im going to say…

Just for the record, Ted doesnt throw things around unless they are VALIDATED…that never has been and will never be his style…thats also a prerequisite for sound journalism and reporting…

unfortunately, teddy jumped the gun on the Mercer situation, reporting rex would be announced their new head coach and it was official… other than that, you are right and he is very accurate and checks for validation

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Florida_Owl said

unfortunately, teddy jumped the gun on the Mercer situation, reporting rex would be announced their new head coach and it was official… other than that, you are right and he is very accurate and checks for validation

It wasn't Ted that reported that Rex took the Mercer job, it was the UP reporter.  I checked his blog and couldn't find anything to that effect. 
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

he did?

i thought that was the guy from the  UP?  cant recall his name…….
Back to the top

yes it was the TGFKNA # 1 fan Jay Warman he said he spoke to Derrick Simmons I think it was in the parking lot and he said Rex was gone he's going to Mercer

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: