Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Paul Graham declares for NBA draft

Add topic

From the Sun Sentinel:

Topic Galleries - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Miami Heat NBA Draft options swell by 91
By Ira Winderman | Sun-Sentinel.com

The NBA today released the list of players who met Sunday's deadline for early-entry into the June 26 NBA Draft.

As expected, the list is massive, in part because those electing to leave college retain the right to withdraw from the list by June 16 to retain eligibility, provided they have not signed with an agent or declared for the draft in a previous year.

Also, the NCAA, for the first time this year, is allowing teams to pay travel expenses for individual workouts without that impacting a prospect's ability to return to college.

In all, 91 players have declared for early entry, including 69 from U.S. collegiate programs and 22 from international clubs. Sixty players will be selected in the two-round draft to be held in New York.

Heading the early-entry list are such lottery prospects as Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo, Brook Lopez and Italian standout forward Danilo Gallinari.

Among in-state players on the list are Florida center Marreese Speights, Florida Atlantic guard Paul Graham and Hillsborough Community College center Keith Brumbaugh.

The Heat holds one of the first four positions in the draft, with that slot to be determined during the May 20 random-but-weighted draft lottery.   

He has virtually no shot at getting drafted, so I assume he'll be back next season.  He is probably just testing the waters and putting his name out there for next year when he does go pro.
Back to the top

Re: Paul Graham declares for NBA draft

Dont even think I want to comment on how far he is from the pro's.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

No comment either...
Back to the top

Paul Graham declares for NBA draft

I dont really think it is such a bad idea.  If you read over on the marcus nelson blog on the palm beach post you will see where Paul states he just wants to test the waters and see what it will take to reach the next level during his senior year.  Personally i dont think he was getting a fair chance with Rex coaching.  According to Marcus he was the second leading scorer on the team last year and Rex still would never start him.  Theres no need to bash the guy for just trying to see what it takes to reach his dream. 
Back to the top

I agree.  It's not a bad idea, and a lot of players are taking advantage of the rule that allows players to declare but not hire an agent.  He'll get to work out for teams at different camps and put his name out there, even if he comes back to FAU for his senior season. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I agree.  It's not a bad idea, and a lot of players are taking advantage of the rule that allows players to declare but not hire an agent.  He'll get to work out for teams at different camps and put his name out there, even if he comes back to FAU for his senior season.

He needs to play all season like he did in the final couple minutes of our loss to FIU last year.

Someone was saying that he tries to be a hero when the rest of the team is conditioned to minimize heroes and work together. I think they should let him open up and do what he wants provided he makes most of his shots.

We talk about FAU basketball having a potential run for the title next season and I'd like to believe that but history shows that they're just as unpredictable as the baseball team.

It's coming up on summer… shouldn't they be starting construction soon? Owl's Next club, chairbacks on the student section, renovated bathrooms, FAU signs on the awnings, etc
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowls44 said

He needs to play all season like he did in the final couple minutes of our loss to FIU last year.

Someone was saying that he tries to be a hero when the rest of the team is conditioned to minimize heroes and work together. I think they should let him open up and do what he wants provided he makes most of his shots.

We talk about FAU basketball having a potential run for the title next season and I'd like to believe that but history shows that they're just as unpredictable as the baseball team.

It's coming up on summer… shouldn't they be starting construction soon? Owl's Next club, chairbacks on the student section, renovated bathrooms, FAU signs on the awnings, etc

I'm sure that they are waiting until after the graduation ceremonies before they start construction.
Back to the top

I am entering a beauty pageant just to "test the waters".

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm sure that they are waiting until after the graduation ceremonies before they start construction.

Good call. Just kinda wondered if anyone knew what else they were going to be doing to the Burrow other than what I posted.
Back to the top

Does anybody remember that rule that the player from Kentucky Randolph Morris did when he entered the draft early and never got drafted and was allowed to go back to college?
Back to the top
Control functions: