Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF baseball coach canned after "sexual harrasment" claim...

Add topic

*Explicit Content Warning*

Um, not sure on this one…

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-ucfcoach0308may03,0,804510.story
Back to the top

Re: UCF baseball coach canned after "sexual harrasment" claim...

Why is the accuser always right in these sort of things?
I mean before all the facts and witnesses come out, whatever happened to innoncent until proven guilty?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

I mean before all the facts and witnesses come out, whatever happened to innoncent until proven guilty?

I agree.  And to take it a step further, I wouldn't hire women in an athletic enviornment because of how sensitive and ridiculous the laws have become on this stuff…you really dont have a chance once your accused.  You imagine if a girl trainer accused HS of something like that?  Could destroy the entire program.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

UCF baseball coach canned after "sexual harrasment" claim...

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  If you don't hire someone cause she's female, it's sexist, if you do hire a female, you run the risk of having harassment issues.  I think the "Victim" here is a dude, which makes this situation wierd.

You guys are right though, even if this proves to be false, that guy's reputation and the team's is ruined.  Look at the Duke Lacrosse players and coaches.  I knew right off the bat that the chick was lying, too many inconsistancies off the bat.  Plus she was a stripper, and they don't have souls ;D.  But Duke will have that reputation for a long time cause of nothing.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  If you don't hire someone cause she's female, it's sexist, if you do hire a female, you run the risk of having harassment issues.  I think the "Victim" here is a dude, which makes this situation wierd.

You guys are right though, even if this proves to be false, that guy's reputation and the team's is ruined.  Look at the Duke Lacrosse players and coaches.  I knew right off the bat that the chick was lying, too many inconsistancies off the bat.  Plus she was a stripper, and they don't have souls ;D.  But Duke will have that reputation for a long time cause of nothing.

The event happened over a mth ago and UCF has been investigating everyones stories for a mth. UCF asked him to resign and to pay him 2 years salary.  BB coach is a proud man and did not see what he did as wrong and said he would rather hire attny and get fired.  No one knows all that happend but story included male equip mgr, baseball bat and simulated sqx with bat.  Coach said "horseplay", UCF and accuser say harassment.. Bottomline coach was old school and alot of the horseplay which was questionable but not as bad 20 years ago, is now a no no.  Depending on person telling story it was very questionable horseplay or harassment.
Back to the top

Sideshow2313 said

Depending on person telling story it was very questionable horseplay or harassment.

Yeah, anytime the words "baseball bat" and "buttocks" are combined, there ARE going to be "questions"…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Sideshow2313 said

Depending on person telling story it was very questionable horseplay or harassment.

Yeah, anytime the words "baseball bat" and "buttocks" are combined, there ARE going to be "questions"…

In my house those key words lead to action.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Sideshow2313 said

What a world we live in where things are taken out of context. 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

That's why I wouldn't last one day as someone in the public eye.  There is no way I could censor myself against every possible wording scenario. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Fledgling said

I agree.  And to take it a step further, I wouldn't hire women in an athletic enviornment because of how sensitive and ridiculous the laws have become on this stuff…you really dont have a chance once your accused.  You imagine if a girl trainer accused HS of something like that?  Could destroy the entire program.

I think that the allegations given in the UCF case go far beyond being a bit too "sensitive."

I also agree with others who say that the coach should be treated as innocent until all of the facts come out.

Based on the article alone this seems like something that is WAY out of character for the coach.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: