Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RJ HALL

Add topic

Hall verbally committed to Marist College over the weekend. My buddy is knows the new coach there and he was one of three commits in the last week there.
Back to the top

Re: RJ HALL

Marist aint no slouch…solid team…very fundamental…that says something about him as a player…

Good for him…wish him the best…

We now have another spot open now obviously…

They better get the new man in pronto…we are running out of time in the late signing period…
Back to the top

This reminds me of Sidney Green's first year when in fairness to Green most of the recruits that were brought in were players that other teams did not want because we lated so long to find a coach
Back to the top

RJ HALL

F_O,

There is no hurry anymore, like I have been saying, the damage is done. The bottom line is, this team is going to have some scholarship players from last years team (there has been some mention of a player or two transfering). and MAYBE a few recruits that stuck around after Rex left (that will depend on whether Coach Balado sticks around in ANY capacity.)

other then that, Craig Angelos has put a freeze on recruiting for Coach Balado, Coach Moore and Coach Guin. So they are unable to do ANY kind of recruitng at this moment…which means we really have no chance in bringing ANYONE in.

The longer they drag their feet, the longer we lose out in players…..the clock is ticking.

~B U T T E R~
Back to the top

Butterfly4 said

F_O,

There is no hurry anymore, like I have been saying, the damage is done. The bottom line is, this team is going to have some scholarship players from last years team (there has been some mention of a player or two transfering). and MAYBE a few recruits that stuck around after Rex left (that will depend on whether Coach Balado sticks around in ANY capacity.)

other then that, Craig Angelos has put a freeze on recruiting for Coach Balado, Coach Moore and Coach Guin. So they are unable to do ANY kind of recruitng at this moment…which means we really have no chance in bringing ANYONE in.

The longer they drag their feet, the longer we lose out in players…..the clock is ticking.

I respect your view on this…however, i do not agree and have these two words to share:

Deandre Rice.

(i think you can figure out where i am coming from)

You underestimate the recruiting prowess of a man with Jarvis' resume - a proven winner?

We'll set how the dust settles…
Back to the top

wpierso3 said

This reminds me of Sidney Green's first year when in fairness to Green most of the recruits that were brought in were players that other teams did not want because we lated so long to find a coach

Green ran off half the team…that was his fault??
Back to the top

I have no problem with a freeze on recruiting.  There really is no point in recruiting right now.  Why go out and recruit a player if the people recruiting them may not be there in the next week?  It's not fair to the recruit and it's a waste of time and resources for the people recruiting.

As for any damage done…You sound like it is Angelos' fault.  Any "damage" was caused by Rex Walters, not by Angelos or anyone in the athletic department.  I know a few of you would have rather seen Balado just given the job the moment it opened up, but Angelos is going through this process correctly.  You have to have a complete search and find the best person.  Hopefully it will be over soon. 
Back to the top

F_O,

The Dre situation was very rare, partcially because after his two years at Frank Phillips, he was going to just go back to Flint and call it quits. He had off the court problems  (mainly an attitude) and did not deal know how to deal with it. He is a great player who has A TON of talent (the most talented player FAU has ever had), he could of gone to A LOT of schools, but it was his attitude that kept him from going anywhere.

It took some major convincing on MD and RW for him to even come down and LOOK at FAU. But after FPCC, he had made up his mind that his playing days were over.

AND THIS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON DRE!  i LOVE Dre!! he came down from Syria for a little bit, came into the office, I saw him, I spoke with him A TON and I even saw him working out with the team. He is a good kid and It looks like those attitude problems he had are all over.  :)    he has changed drastically over the past 3 years, for the better of course.

The point is, there are not many DeAndre's around. You will not see a talent like his, uncommitted at this time of the year, he said no to schools due to his attitude. I mean the kid was named NJCAA 1st region team for his region.  AND even if you did, we CAN NOT recruit right now!  and we STILL do not have a coach!  SOOOO HOW ARE WE EVEN SUPPOSED TO CONTACT THEM?????

~B U T T E R~
Back to the top

Butterfly4 said

"…he was going to just go back to Flint and call it quits."

im not sure where that came from…he was going to attend another school…i dont recall the name at present, but will ifnd out…it was along the lines Univ of Houston…

When he got the interest from FAU that changed…

This is from matt doherty…….there was an entire write up in the newspaper about it…

And no i am not arguing…just stating what was published…

On recruiting:

I think you may have missed my point?  Jarvis is VERY WELL connected…like doherty was…i rest assured that he will have angles to those laying in wait - even late signers…

but i agree they need to get moving…
Back to the top
Control functions: