Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU baseball of the past

Add topic

Here's a look at FAU's past season records.  As it is today, our record is 36-22 with 7 games left to play.

FAU Records since 2003:

2003 47-15
2004 47-17
2005 37-24
2006 30-28

This is down right scary and begs the question why George Roig, the pitching coach prior to Fossas, was removed as his position and basically demoted to work with infielders. Then, eventually moved on to be an assistant with Dartmouth.

Roig played for FAU was the captain of the team that went 54-9 in 1999.

What does it say for a university that can't keep their own?

From George Roig's bio:

In his first season as the pitching coach, the former FAU player led the pitching staff to the 12th best ERA in the country. In 2003, Roig also saw the team's number-one pitcher gain All-America status, while the remaining three starting pitchers were picked up in the major league draft. During the 2004 season, Roig again tutored three pitchers who were selected in the draft, as well as guiding the pitching staff to its second consecutive season with a team ERA under 4.00, the first for FAU since the 1993 and 1994 seasons.

Currently our team ERA is 6.40.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: FAU baseball of the past

FAU baseball of the past

Slider:

Where you at on this??
Back to the top

Regarding the comments about George Roig. Believe he helped out with the team after Deutchmann (prior pitching coach left) to go to BCC as head coach. Roig probably inherited some of the pitchers Deutchmann had worked with. Roig was a shortstop in high school at Spanish River and then mostly 2nd base at FAU and most often as a reserve. Don't believe he had a pitching background. He may have helped out more as a student assistant and then working into one of the assistant coaches after his eligibility at FAU ended . Don't believe the pitching numbers that were mentioned in previous post could really be attributed to him.
Back to the top

emptynester said

Regarding the comments about George Roig. Believe he helped out with the team after Deutchmann (prior pitching coach left) to go to BCC as head coach. Roig probably inherited some of the pitchers Deutchmann had worked with. Roig was a shortstop in high school at Spanish River and then mostly 2nd base at FAU and most often as a reserve. Don't believe he had a pitching background. He may have helped out more as a student assistant and then working into one of the assistant coaches after his eligibility at FAU ended . Don't believe the pitching numbers that were mentioned in previous post could really be attributed to him.

So he had no hand in their success? He was still the pitching coach and for two years he was their responsibility.  Whether it was his pitchers, or Deutchmann's is kind of beside the point.

I know Roig wasn't a popular guy around here when he was the pitching coach, but he got the job done… more than we can say since he left, right?

(which is my point)

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Just to gloat…I hit a bomb off of Fosas's son in high school..on a serious note, I always heard my high school coaches say that Fosas wasn't a very good coach. His son was a big kid and I know some kids just don't have it, but if your a pitching coach for a team like FAU and your son is a pitcher, I think your son should be a little better than being a starter on JV as a junior. Now please don't think that I'm bashing Fosas in any way! But from what I've seen, our pitching is lacking the most and that could be because of bad coaching, or it could just be a bad year. I hope that we can figure it out and our bullpen keeps it together for the rest of the year, or at least we get straight for next season.
Back to the top
Control functions: