Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

*Cooney's last home game*

Add topic

Will be Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 1PM when the Owls host game three of the series against ASU…

I Hope the marketing department pulls some stops out for this event…

We need to honor him and blow this thing out attendance wise!

There is NO REASON they cant get 1000+ fans out to this event with the right promotion, but time is ticking…

Please spread the word!

Back to the top

Re: *Cooney's last home game*

Florida_Owl said

There is NO REASON they cant get 1000+ fans out to this event

Actually there is… Mothers day. Not only that, school is over. I was talking to Rusty after the bonfire and he was pissed because he won't be here. A lot of people leave for the summer so I don't expect it to be packed

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

unfortunately i am with jab… it will be a modest crowd at best

in a sad kinda way, it fits… it's all cooney has known here at FAU, with sporadic games of standing-room only… so we'll send him out the way he came, to an empty house  :-\

HOWEVER…

next year, for opening weekend, they BETTER retire 20 and they BETTER rename the stadium Kevin Cooney Field…

at that game, we will absolutely PACK the stadium for a new record

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

ok, so that really stinks…i didnt realize no students will be in AND its mothers day :-\

So…here is the answer??

"Take Mom to the park day"

FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL MOMS.

Run ads at all local Elementary and Middle schools (they are still in school i believe?)…inexpensive way for the youngsters to treat mom…

Get on it Sports Marketing!
Back to the top

Even though it isnt his last game they should go ahead and have a ceremony on Saturday the 10th's game.  That way we could have a proper sendoff that everyone could come see.  As for the mothers day game-they could offer free admission for everyone and you'd still have a sparse crowd, because many cant go regardless of the amount of promotion.
Back to the top

I asked Ted Hutton this morning on his blog if FAU plans on doing anything for Cooney. This is what he wrote back.

"there are plans to honor Cooney on Saturday before the 4 p.m. game, so folks should try and get that one.
talked to him earlier today to discuss jay bergman (check the open forum about the UCF baseball coach if you don't know who he is), and cooney said he expects them to name the part-a-potty after him.
Kevin Cooney Crapper does have a ring to it.
(i am just kidding)".

I know school is over and people are on their summer vacations and don't live around the area but I hope we can get a good crowd out there for him, he deserves it.

Back to the top

Ted reported that they got 100 fans to the ceremony today…

That's inexcusable.
Back to the top

*Cooney's last home game*

Florida_Owl said

Ted reported that they got 100 fans to the ceremony today…

That's inexcusable.

School is out, nice day out (beach) and people just dont care about FAU baseball.

I was out there tailgating with Nunzio and a few others at 12:30 this afternoon

Back to the top

Too bad more people didn't come out today for Cooney's tribute. We need more fans. If only more people would support them for all games and not just the big games (like against Miami). Maybe marketing needs to do more and better promotion of all sports. Realize that money is an issue but they could be more aggressive and use more ingenuity. At least Brogan & Angelos were there with a few fans. Nice touch with the presentation of the home plate plaque with the blue wave logo on it. The John Deere that was presented to him by some alumni should come in handy on the farm in Tennessee. Good luck to the team the rest of the season. Appropriately they followed up with a 20-3 victory. They need a win tomorrow to maybe get into the conference tourney. Hopefully the higher ups will stop dragging their feet and give the nod to Coach Mac to take over next year. He deserves a chance.
Back to the top
Control functions: