Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Locked threads... come on Bytor and Lm77

Add topic

as i said in an earlier post, i speak for myself and i didn't understand why i am being dragged into threads that i haven't even posted in… in this case, i am speaking my mind and voicing a concern i have…

bytor - as i said, i have the upmost respect for you, as an online admin for this board AND a person, and i think you have done an unbelievable job growing this community on the owls nest….

however…

i think it's getting a little out of hand between you and Lm "locking" threads… i think talking, and debating, and even arguing, makes this board what it is… the thread that was actually about locked threads, i challenge you and Lm to look back at that thread and tell me exactly what was so said detrimental to this online community that it warranted being locked… i honestly think locking threads is being done so way too often and it is defeating the purpose that is should serve

locking threads simply for "going off topic" or for a little bit of debate and argument is marginalizing the practice of locking threads and it's almost making it a joke that no one will take seriously… locking threads at free will is not doing any good for a healthy conversation on FAU athletics

just my thoughts

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Locked threads... come on Bytor and Lm77

I understand when certain threads get locked because they are just heated arguments running in circles

but

what I don't understand is giving guys like Buttefly all this rope when he has clearly pissed off the majority of the board.
Back to the top

I can't speak for LM on why he Locked the "Lock Topics" Thread, I think it was more as a cautionary thing, more then anything.

Look, I don't like locking thread, but there are time control needs to be maintained.  Last thing I want to do is any form of censorship, yet it becomes a struggle at time when things do get disruptive and I feel I need to give any person a chance to change their behavior, must of the time a simple warning does the trick and sometimes not so much.

Believe me, I wish I didn't have to lock the thread, especially a thread that has to do with a very important decision regarding our next Head Basketball Coach.

Back to the top

Bytor said

I can't speak for LM on why he Locked the "Lock Topics" Thread, I think it was more as a cautionary thing, more then anything.

Look, I don't like locking thread, but there are time control needs to be maintained.  Last thing I want to do is any form of censorship, yet it becomes a struggle at time when things do get disruptive and I feel I need to give any person a chance to change their behavior, must of the time a simple warning does the trick and sometimes not so much.

Believe me, I wish I didn't have to lock the thread, especially a thread that has to do with a very important decision regarding our next Head Basketball Coach.

To the board at large:

Please accept my sincere apology if my last post under the thread mentioned above by Bytor was offensive…In no way was trying to contribute to a negative environment by stating the posters position - considering they had stated that themselves three times previously in the open forum.

I agree in that the current environment has become less than we all would desire…I respect, and am pledged to continue to contribute to the standards expected, and mandated by our leadership team here within The Owls Nest - Bytor and Lm77.

Sincerely,

F_O
Back to the top

This whole thing is really funny to me. I can't blame LM and BY for locking topics when people complain, but you guys need to get some tougher skin. I spend a lot of time on the Philadelphia Eagles message board and those people would eat you guys alive.

The really funny thing is that on a board where most people try to act like they know the inside scoop, we actually have someone that does know and that's Butter. Whether you like him/her or not, you can't dispute his/her information. If Butter were to get banned or leave with the coaching change we’ll be back to passing rumors around these boards which most people here are very good at.
Back to the top

Hey Sanibel,

glad to see you didnt get the axe last night with FAUOWL09 and Butter.

There are some times that threads should be locked or people banned but i cant see why FAUOWL09 got banned, maybe butterfly…..but even then why are we pushing these people away?

So someone used someone elses name on the board, my name has been used on here a few times and while i dont like it, whatever.  Honestly thats part of the fun is everyone knowing me and who i am so when we are at events for the school we can socialize.

Now as for personal attacks, no that should not be on this board or any board for that matter.  But thats also why we have moderators to take the postings off.

I know it isnt worth much but thats just my thoughts…….
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

So someone used someone elses name on the board, my name has been used on here a few times and while i dont like it, whatever.  Honestly thats part of the fun is everyone knowing me and who i am so when we are at events for the school we can socialize.

Yeah like poor BMarkey…….

thats guys name has been practically flown over the town on a banner attached to a crop duster! ;D
Back to the top

yah lol, well thats cause he plasters them all over his pictures.....which are the only really good ones of fau!
Back to the top

Locked threads... come on Bytor and Lm77

Florida_Owl said

Nunzio42 said

Yeah like poor BMarkey…….

thats guys name has been practically flown over the town on a banner attached to a crop duster! ;D

Is that why he hasn't been on here recently?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Is that why he hasn't been on here recently?

No, no…it's because he has a full time gig now :)
Back to the top
Control functions: