Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis to be introduced Thursday or Friday

Add topic

From what I hear it looks like we can expect Jarvis at the end of the week. Sorry for all you Balado supporters (even though he is not the right guy), this is the move that seems to be almost done.
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis to be introduced Thursday or Friday

From what I understand the decision has already been made, the hold up has to do with this, I found the article of reference from the Sun-Sentinel, dated April 23.

From said

The FAU Board of Trustees passed a policy in December that will require full board approval before Brogan can offer anyone contracts that promise severance pay.

Full article

Back to the top

Bytor said

From what I understand the decision has already been made, the hold up has to do with this, I found the article of reference from the Sun-Sentinel, dated April 23.

From said

The FAU Board of Trustees passed a policy in December that will require full board approval before Brogan can offer anyone contracts that promise severance pay.

Full article

The BOT is involved? So I guess we can expect a lot of meetings, presentations, and feet-dragging….you know, they typical BOT behavior on everything? Some of the board will probably end up asking how much a basketball team really needs coaching…..followed by empassioned speeches by a few trustees supporting the need for a coach…..followed by them agreeing that rushing into selecting a coach would be a bad idea, so they'll vote to meet again about it in two months.

Kidding, of course (I hope), but hopefully this will all come to an end soon…….please make it end soon!!
Back to the top

I personally think it's a good idea to have a few more people sign off on the deal. In my experience, when a "hiring manager" gets the idea in their head that someone is "the one" for the job, they'll do what it takes to get them on board, even if it means giving away the farm. Hopefully a move like this will at least protect the university a bit better should we ever part ways with the candidate.

What's another few days anyway, we've waited this long.
Back to the top

I don't believe they are reviewing the selection, just the contract….and they shouldn't since they did not interview any of the candidates and I'm sure none of them are basketball experts (just a hunch  ;))
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I don't believe they are reviewing the selection, just the contract….and they shouldn't since they did not interview any of the candidates and I'm sure none of them are basketball experts (just a hunch  ;))

Your right, we shouldn't have checks and balances on our school president…let him just sign away.  You think Mel Kiper is the guy working on contracts for the rookies in the NFL?  No, its a bunch of attorneys…you dont need to be a basketball "expert" (not sure Brogan qualifies either) to oversee a contract.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowls44 said

Your right, we shouldn't have checks and balances on our school president…let him just sign away.  You think Mel Kiper is the guy working on contracts for the rookies in the NFL?  No, its a bunch of attorneys…you dont need to be a basketball "expert" (not sure Brogan qualifies either) to oversee a contract.

That's not what I was saying……the oversight has to do with the contract. That part is fine and I agree that there should be oversight. I meant that the BOT (who I think we all agree were/are responsible for dragging out the stadium project for almost a decade) should not have the right to overturn who the President and AD choose to coach the basketball team when they have not interviewed a single candidate themselves.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

fauowls44 said

That's not what I was saying……the oversight has to do with the contract. That part is fine and I agree that there should be oversight. I meant that the BOT (who I think we all agree were/are responsible for dragging out the stadium project for almost a decade) should not have the right to overturn who the President and AD choose to coach the basketball team when they have not interviewed a single candidate themselves.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

fauowls44 said

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Sorry for not being clear….what I really meant was nothing good happens when the BOT is involved, at least in athletics!
Back to the top

Jarvis to be introduced Thursday or Friday

where are you guys hearing all of this stuf??

;D
Back to the top
Control functions: