Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MORE delays...lots of them...

Add topic

FAU Owls Blog - Latest Owls News, Video & More - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

This has passed rediculous…it is now:

AN ABSOLUTE THREE RING STINKING CIRCUS!
Back to the top

Re: MORE delays...lots of them...

I wish I could say that i'm shocked by this development, but I knew as soon as the BOT got involved this was going to take awhile.  :'(

Back to the top

If an offer has not been extended yet, I don't think the BOT can be blamed for this one.

Actually, Angelo's brought the point that the BOT would have to look over the Final contract at the very beginning of the hiring process, so we can't blame him either.

Yet, there seems to be a MAJOR hindrance that seems to be bring this process to a crawl.
Back to the top

From what I am hearing the Jarvis announcement earlier in the week was not accurate.
Back to the top

MORE delays...lots of them...

Bytor said

If an offer has not been extended yet, I don't think the BOT can be blamed for this one.

Agree, it's not thier fault  at all in this case…they are now a part of a necessary system that was recently expolited…they could be more available in some ways to make the process faster, but considering they dont get paid a cent, can we balme them?

Bytor said

Actually, Angelo's brought the point that the BOT would have to look over the Final contract at the very beginning of the hiring process, so we can't blame him either

Disagree :)

He and the other relavent admin (Brogan and legal dept) should have begun outlining and constructing a "contract shell" for review and legal approval to present to the BOT when this time came (we are now in when they want to MAYBE present an offer to a candidate and can not do so) from DAY ONE…not NOW…if anyone knew the way they worked, it is HIM…especially since he is a LAWYER himself…

Bytor said

Yet, there seems to be a MAJOR hindrance that seems to be bring this process to a crawl.

Agree!

And without further comment strongly believe he is at the heart of it as well…
Back to the top

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, Angelo's did mention to everyone involved that the BOT would have to review the contract so to some extent he can't be blamed if the required paper work was not made ready in time, yet irrelevant considering no offer has been extended no any candidate - no contrat to  be reviewed by the BOT.

Now, as far as the way the hiring process is going that is another story all together  :P
Back to the top

I thought the BOT only had to review the contract if there was an exceptional severance/termination clause:

http://www.fau.edu/bot/files/121207_BOT_AF_A-3_Amendment_of_Delegation.pdf
Back to the top

Bytor said

Now, as far as the way the hiring process is going that is another story all together  :P

Yeah, i am officially "taking the weekend off" on this thing…its become a "fish in the hand" to grasp…

Too frustrating…….

When they make an announcement, that will be the next time to chime in and welcome the new coach! :)

(or maybe i shoud say "if")
Back to the top

I'm trying to get some clarification on this, it does mention severance package & a buy-out clause doesn't seem to fall into that category  ???

This has been the strangest hiring process yet - it's been very difficult to get any kind of accurate information.
Back to the top
Control functions: