Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Preivew of the belt...

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: ESPN Preivew of the belt...

The ESPN preview mentions Alfred Morris and Xavier Stinson battling for the fullback spot.

Where does that leave Rose??

I thought Rose would be the #1 guy with either Morris or Stinson getting some serious time as well.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Very solid write up on all levels!

But, I dont like the hype…hype gets you in trouble…

Causes "swollen heads", etc, etc, etc…

Tell us we stink, blah blah blah, and will not win any games…

Much rather that!! ;D

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The ESPN preview mentions Alfred Morris and Xavier Stinson battling for the fullback spot.

I thought Rose would be the #1 guy with either Morris or Stinson getting some serious time as well.

GO OWLS!!!

I guess they must consider Rose a running back rather than a pure blocking full back, or maybe that's where Howard is thinking about putting him this season. I mean, you would consider Mike Alstott a full back, but he did more of his damage actually carrying the ball. I see Rose as a mini Alstott, sort of.
Back to the top

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3397798

Read the comments under this article. A ULM fan thinks they're going bowling this season.. I already wrote back to him

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Does anyone worry that our offense was terrible all spring? What worries about FAU in general, its always one step forward two steps back (basketball). Last year at this time the defense wouldn't stop talking about how their going to hold opponents to 12 points, we didn't do that till the FIU game. I'm just nervous about us starting off well. The defense is fast and deep and should be able to shut down a lot of the teams we play. The offense is obviously legit and can score. BUT, will the whole team show up? I've been involved with the sports and FAU for over 12 years now and I'm happy where they are but its things like the basketball, cooney leaving, the defense letting up 30 points  a game that always make me nervous.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Does anyone worry that our offense was terrible all spring?
Our offense was excellent all Spring minus some new centers who have to practice their snaps from now until August. Outside of the usual crew, VanCamp and Jean are also going to turn some heads this Fall.
Back to the top

ESPN Preivew of the belt...

GhostOfBuchanan said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I guess they must consider Rose a running back rather than a pure blocking full back, or maybe that's where Howard is thinking about putting him this season. I mean, you would consider Mike Alstott a full back, but he did more of his damage actually carrying the ball. I see Rose as a mini Alstott, sort of.

I agree. Rose is a fullback that is actually a real threat to run with the ball and catch the ball. Not very common in today's game of 245lb bulldozers. However, he isn't really a tailback either. We have such depth at both positions it will be interesting to see where he fits in.

I suppose FAU has always gone with smaller more versatile FBs such as Sanchez and now Rose. Maybe having Morris and Stinson will give us more of a pure FB and help to open up the running game. It will be interesting to see how the ball is spread around with all of the talent in the backfield.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Morris had a very good spring and will be a stud for us.  I still see Rose as the #1 guy for now.
Back to the top

Yah i cant see Rose not having the #1 spot.

But besides that, welcome to the future ladies and gentlemen.  I can def. get use to this year after year!

besides the coaching situations on campus (Cooney gone, and the Basketball fiasco) I can't think of a time that i was prouder to be an OWL!
Back to the top
Control functions: