Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Would you like to buy a brick for the new FIU stadium?

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Would you like to buy a brick for the new FIU stadium?

I still can't believe "they" are going to have an on-campus stadium before FAU.  How many games did FIU win the past two seasons?  I think the powers to be at FAU really need to look at themselves in the mirror on September 20th.
Back to the top

If I buy a brick can I throw it through a skybox's window??  ;D, j/k
Back to the top

Would you like to buy a brick for the new FIU stadium?

Ha! Ours are cheaper!!!! $75 for 4 x 8 and $125 for 8 x 8. They are selling their 4 x 8 for $125 and not giving the option of another size!!!

MOMENT TO DO A SALES PITCH:
Florida Atlantic University Foundation, Inc.

Can't afford to put your name on the stadium in bright lights? Then put your name on the proposed sidewalk leading into the stadium. It's affordable!!!!!!

Everyone always wants people to step up and donate money to the stadium. This board talks about Boca officials not wanting the stadium built. Then let's do something about it and donate $75 or $125 a person to not only show them we are GIVING MONEY to the project but we WANT the project to happen.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Possible dumb question: Was FAU the first university to push the brick promotion or were we just one in a line of universities that have done this? Because if this idea began with Smitty, they completely ripped off his idea.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Possible dumb question: Was FAU the first university to push the brick promotion or were we just one in a line of universities that have done this? Because if this idea began with Smitty, they completely ripped off his idea.

They did it at the zoo back home when I was like 6.  It's pretty common way of raising funds.
Back to the top

Universities have done brick campaigns before. However, I think we are unique in the sense that this is a STUDENT-LED, STUDENT-MANAGED brick campaign. Many campaigns, like FIU or even the University of Alabama, have done these types of campaigns before but they were handled by the "professionals." While the FAU brick campaign has "professional" oversight, students are selling the bricks, promoting the bricks and signing the "thank you" cards that alumni get in the mail. This was also organized by students and Paul Metcalf with some help from athletics.

So in that sense, we are unique.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

owlcountry said

They did it at the zoo back home when I was like 6.  It's pretty common way of raising funds.

Fair enough. Speaking of zoos, they spruced up the Dreher Park Zoo… jumping fountains, themed areas.. they even have replica Mayan temples there.
Back to the top

The said

I still can't believe "they" are going to have an on-campus stadium before FAU.  How many games did FIU win the past two seasons?  I think the powers to be at FAU really need to look at themselves in the mirror on September 20th.

They've had an on campus stadium from day 1.  They just have a nicer one now.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

The said

They've had an on campus stadium from day 1.  They just have a nicer one now.

That is very true, 'tuba.
Back to the top
Control functions: