Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone know the average response time from FAU?

Add topic

So yeah, i sent my application, transcripts, letter of rec. everything down there (from Maryland) and even certified it.  Then i got a response from FAU on March 24th informing me that they have all my files.  It is now May 18th and i still have not heard anything.  I sent them an email on Thursday.  I've read horror stories before.  I'm now fearing they lost my application  :-\.  Although i read on their admissions site that they have a new processing system.  Anyone have any input?
Back to the top

Re: Anyone know the average response time from FAU?

The said

So yeah, i sent my application, transcripts, letter of rec. everything down there (from Maryland) and even certified it.  Then i got a response from FAU on March 24th informing me that they have all my files.  It is now May 18th and i still have not heard anything.  I sent them an email on Thursday.  I've read horror stories before.  I'm now fearing they lost my application  :-\.  Although i read on their admissions site that they have a new processing system.  Anyone have any input?

EVERYBODY in an administrative position hates the new processing system "Banner". Every time I sit down with an advisor or staff to discuss registration/transcripts, it's a drawn-out hassle.

Have you called recently? Just to find out the "status of your application"? You definitely should, even if it's just to get an estimate of when the people responsible with consider transfer applications.
Back to the top

Although if you call, you'll get the automated message while your on hold that says "check your status online" - unless they changed that.

I would keep calling until you get a live person. Once you get accepted, it's really easy to sign up for orientation and select housing (although maybe not the one you want).

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I don't know the response time, but the registrar was extremely busy the past few weeks certifying everyone who graduated. I would definitely call. In my experience, everyone that works at FAU has always  done their best to help me with any administrative matters.

Nobody likes the new system, but FAU has come a long way since the phone-based registration system I had to use as an undergrad.

Did you apply for admission for the fall 2008 semester?
Back to the top

Definitely call, you will get the automated service then say registrars office when prompted about which dept you want to be connected to.  They may keep you on hold for awhile but they have always been very helpful with me.  Just tell them you sent your app in months ago and havent heard anything and you are needing to get an answer as soon as possible so you can start making plans for moving or something.  They usually always will imediately look into it and get you an answer.  If you email them it could take a week before you get a response. 
Back to the top

Very cool, thanks everyone and yes i am applying for the Fall 2008 semester that a previous poster asked.
Back to the top

Good luck! Welcome to Florida Awesome University!
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Good luck! Welcome to Florida Awesome University!

Or, as Paul MetCalf put it, Freakin' Awesome University!
Back to the top

Anyone know the average response time from FAU?

I read about that. It was awesome!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The said

So yeah, i sent my application, transcripts, letter of rec. everything down there (from Maryland) and even certified it.  Then i got a response from FAU on March 24th informing me that they have all my files.  It is now May 18th and i still have not heard anything.  I sent them an email on Thursday.  I've read horror stories before.  I'm now fearing they lost my application :-\.  Although i read on their admissions site that they have a new processing system.  Anyone have any input?
yo i just went through this too though i applied in Oct. i didnt hear anything till for a long time so i  made a phone call found out they never go my sat. scores even though i sent my transcript twice after they got everthing they got back to me pretty quickly the admissions office was very helpful.
Back to the top
Control functions: