Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008: Sun-Belt Tournament

Add topic

We can use this thread for all talks about the upcoming Sun-Belt Tournament?

First round Action.

Wednesday, May 21]/b]

[table][tr][td]
9:00AM Game 3: FAU vs Western Kentucky
12:30PM Game 2: New Orleans vs South Alabama
4:00PM Game4: Louisiana-Monroe vs Middle Tennessee
7:30PM Game 1: Troy vs Louisiana-Lafayette
[/table]

[hr]

Should the Ragin Cajun's have been given the opportunity to change the time of their game to the late game as oppose the earlier time Game one dictates (9:00AM)?  Which in essence FAU got screwed.

Now, I understand the part about them being the host, but isn't this playing favoritism and Tourny play is suppose to be set-up not to favor anyone - they already have home field advantage and now with the late game, it play even more in their favor  ???

Back to the top

Re: 2008: Sun-Belt Tournament

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Found this photo on the main Sun-Belt web-site: advertising tomorrow's home-run derby.

Any guess on who it is?
Back to the top

The host should be able to move the times around in the first round.  They are hosting the tournament and should be able to have the FIRST round game when they want.  It will help the attendance for the first round of the tournament.  When FAU hosted the A-Sun softball tournaments they seemed to have a late game in the first round.
Back to the top

wpierso3 said

The host should be able to move the times around in the first round.  They are hosting the tournament and should be able to have the FIRST round game when they want.  It will help the attendance for the first round of the tournament.  When FAU hosted the A-Sun softball tournaments they seemed to have a late game in the first round.

I can see them wanting the late game and why the conference would allow this, attendance is a big part of making any tournament a success.  Lafayette does have a very strong following and passionate fans.

I know before we even consider hosting a tourny, we need an upgrade.
Back to the top

Bytor said

wpierso3 said

I can see them wanting the late game and why the conference would allow this, attendance is a big part of making any tournament a success.  Lafayette does have a very strong following and passionate fans.

I know before we even consider hosting a tourny, we need an upgrade.

Would anyone out there have the time and information to rank the facilities for each school by sport and overall?  I am pretty sure we would be at or near the bottom…for now.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I would rate our facilities near the bottom, yep even our newly renovated "Burrow".

Back to the top

Bytor said

I would rate our facilities near the bottom, yep even our newly renovated "Burrow".

Even with the port-o-potties??

;D
Back to the top

Bytor said

We can use this thread for all talks about the upcoming Sun-Belt Tournament?

First round Action.

Wednesday, May 21]/b]

[table][tr][td]
9:00AM Game 3: FAU vs Western Kentucky
12:30PM Game 2: New Orleans vs South Alabama
4:00PM Game4: Louisiana-Monroe vs Middle Tennessee
7:30PM Game 1: Troy vs Louisiana-Lafayette
[/table]

[hr]

Lets go FAU, USA, MT, and Troy! (in the first round at least)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

2008: Sun-Belt Tournament

It was Family night and also homerun derby for the boys, here are the results:

West – 10 total homeruns
Louisiana-Monroe – Kyle Suire – 0 first round/0 second round
Louisiana-Lafayette – Scott Hawkins – 2 first round/5 second round
New Orleans – Alan Harris – 2 first round/1 second round
South Alabama – Ryne Jernigan - 0 first round/0 second round

East – 13 total homeruns
Florida Atlantic – Mike McKenna - 6 first round/1 second round
Troy – Charlie Williams - 0 first round/1 second round
WKU – Chad Cregar - 0 first round/2 second round
Middle Tennessee – Bryce Brentz - 2 first round/1 second round
Back to the top

Here are the links for today's game:

Gametracker: FAU vs Western Kentucky, 10:00AM ET

No radio broadcast for the game  ::)

And I cannot setup the Chat Room for today's, your's truly had a retarded moment not too long ago and deleted the software from the server, by accident, while cleaning house.  I will try to set it up again in the near future.

Back to the top
Control functions: