Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals.com ranks Rusty Smith

Rivals.com ranks Rusty Smith

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=4

He was real impressive in your game against us (USF).  Really like the kid, he has tons of talent.  Congrats, Rusty!!
Back to the top

Re: Rivals.com ranks Rusty Smith

13  Matt Grothe QB South Florida 6-0/213 Lakeland, FL  -
His career TD-INT ratio of 29-28 is a cause for concern.

r u kidding me?  wow not only has this kid won over tampa but apparently the whole US. There is no reason he is soo high………i cant wait to see them struggle this year…..

DOWN WITH THE GRO-HAWK!!!!!!
Back to the top

Todd Boeckman,Mark Sanchez,Nate Davis,Colt McCoy,Matt Grothe  all should not be ahead of rusty this list is terible and rust will be a better nfl qb then 99 percent of those guys too
Back to the top

13 for Grothe is WAY overrated! Come on even as a USF fan you have to admit Rusty is a better QB. If I had the chance to swap Grothe for Rusty right now, there's no way I'm doing that swap. Some people refer to Grothe as a poor man's Tim Tebow, he's not even that he's got no arm. He can run the option and he has good speed for a QB but he's vastly overrated sorry.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Actually, I didn't come on here to argue who is better.  It seems that as fans we have the quarterbacks that we are satisfied with.  This is a good thing.  It takes nothing away from neither; they are both excellent, but different styled.

Anyway, it appeared that you guys hadn't heard the news yet and I figured that I would give you some good news.  I have always liked FAU.  Enjoy!
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

Actually, I didn't come on here to argue who is better.  It seems that as fans we have the quarterbacks that we are satisfied with.  This is a good thing.  It takes nothing away from neither; they are both excellent, but different styled.

Anyway, it appeared that you guys hadn't heard the news yet and I figured that I would give you some good news.  I have always liked FAU.  Enjoy!

Thanks Grateful Dad. I appreciate it. I know it was posted on FAU Rivals but I guess it didn't show up here until now. I think it's awesome that both of our QBs made the list.
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

Now there is a poster that knows how to respond to the "WTF he sucks" banter that some posters on this board love to get caught up in…
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=4

He was real impressive in your game against us (USF).  Really like the kid, he has tons of talent.  Congrats, Rusty!!

Thanks for posting this Grateful Dad.

My thoughts:

I haven't seen enough of these guys to know where they all should rank. There are too many guys that haven't made a blip on the national radar yet are getting ranked high because their teams are expected to go far this year. A couple of examples, Cullen Harper (Clemson) and Willie Tuitama (Arizona).

Then you have MarK Sanchez (USC) who hasn't done anything so far, but because his a USC guy everyone expects big things.

Bottom Line:

By the end of the year the deck will be shuffled and I have a pretty strong feeling that Rusty will be in the top 15 of that list.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

With all due respect here…

Once again, i would just like to ask, why does what rivals.com thinks about anything really matter one iota!?

Sports Illustrated -yes.
ESPN - yes.
USA Today - yes.

rivals.com?

Big fat stinking NO.

:)
Back to the top
Control functions: