Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis to be on 760am...

Add topic

Not sure of the time, I just turned his show on online.  I may not be able to hear it in the car on my way home, so if someone listens, please post what he says.
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis to be on 760am...

Evan Cohen just mentioned 6:05PM & that he has seen Jarvis at FAU games.
Back to the top

Jarvis to be on 760am...

Here is the Audio Link for ESPN:

Live ESPN 760AM: with Evan Cohen & Mike Jarvis

Back to the top

OK, just some notes from Jarvis on Evan Cohen. I was jotting them down as he was talking, but you can get the idea of what he was saying

• [li]We're gonna get a chance to bring some excitement and gets fans in the seats[/li]
    [li]If I had to a do over for St. Johns I wouldn't take it[/li]
    [li]get people excited, get them out. You have a chance of having a very very special place when you have a 4,000 seat arena[/li]
    [li]I want to win 100 games here and if you do that you need to be here for quite a while[/li]

"I have been to the top. Rex and Matt are young guys and wanted to get to the top where I already have been. I turned down a job in the NBA as head coach of the wizards when Michael Jordan offered it to me".

Evan was saying they have a really good team in the underrated sun-belt and how they can win now and they have Carlos Monroe and Paul Graham assuming Graham will be back and Jarvis started laughing and said "Paul will be back". So that's some good news as well.

Evan asked him all about the St. Johns fiasco and he was saying that some players chose to do something that was immoral but he wasn't a part of it, he was already let go by St. Johns at that point but somehow he is tied to the whole strip club thing. He said that he still has a lot of friends in NY and they are all very excited for him and they have said they are going to come down to Boca to root for FAU.

The thing about Doherty, and Rex bolting was brought up and that's when he spoke about how he's been to the top how he wants to win 100 games with FAU and if he was going to do that he would have to be here for quite a while & he's looking at this as his last stop and he would like to retire here and pay off his mortgage on his house and leave it for his son.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

As an avid SJU fan, what happened there was just bad luck, i really couldn't care at all about the strip clubs and boosters paying a guy who was probably using the money to pay his parents rent. all the kids he had there were tough kids who would be in a gang if it weren't for a scholarship to play ball. I personally know some of the guys and there no saints. the issue I have with Jarvis is his recruiting, he was a lazy recruiter and just thought SJU would sell itself. that's not going to happen at FAU. We need someone in the trenches. I'm hope he sees this ASAP and he keeps Balado.

Jarvis will have the NYC  connections still if he chooses to get down and dirty and kiss some high school coaches asses and higher one as an assistant.

NOW can we find out whats going on with Pena, Riley, and Sutton? Because there the ones I'm worried about. Frankly most of the team can transfer and i don't think it would effect us. Because with so many seniors it would make no sense for any of our starters to transfer and I'm not impressed by any of the younger classman.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

"…all the kids he had there were tough kids who would be in a gang if it weren't for a scholarship to play ball…."

Yep…….you are 100% correct.

Exit39 said

NOW can we find out whats going on with Pena, Riley, and Sutton? Because there the ones I'm worried about.

Here is what is "going on":

FAU "expects" them to honor thier committment to the University…i spoke to a staff member today about this very thing…

BUT, it will be up to Coach Jarvis as to whether or not they "let anyone out of thier letter".

Bottom line:

He has the final say on this (IF it happens)

They may not simply go to another school due to a coaching change, as i even thought was the case - and i stand corrected on this.

Coach Jarvis will speak individually with all of the singees and take it from there…as of now, NONE of them has expressed this type of interest…and unless something else should transpire, if it does, and goes through Coach Jarvis, all signess are expected to be in class for the fall, and begin pre-season work outs with the new staff.
Back to the top

The interview is now available on www.espn760.com

Back to the top

man this is a boring interview.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

man this is a boring interview.

LOL…yeah, I should have warned people that the 1st part of the interview is a snooze-fest…nothing too FAU related discussed.  Part 2 was a better listen.
Back to the top

that would have been helpful twenty minutes ago.

drag the ball halfway through on the second part, if you just want to hear about FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: