Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Great Hire

Add topic

Obviously from my name you know that I know Mike Jarvis a long time. You got yourself a great hire who will do wonders for FAU basketball just like he did at GW. But more importantly, in Mike and Connie you got yourself two really good people who will be the face of FAU basketball and will represent the University very well. While at GW, Mike built something out of nothing and his legacy endures to this day. He changed the culture at GW where a good basketball program is now the norm rather than the exception.

That said, do not for a moment believe all the SJU folks who will inevitably appear here to run the guy the down. That program was in disarray long before Mike got there and will be so long after. There is at SJU a failure of leadership at the highest levels which will ensure continuing problems. They are still crying about Jarvis five years later while their program wallows in mediocrity under another coach with his recruits. GW was able to return to the NCAAs within 3 years after the Penders debacle that left them in far worse shape than SJU (with just 8 scholarship players eligible that first year). There is not one player on the SJU roster anymore that Mike Jarvis recruited. Don't buy their nonsense for a moment. Mike got caught up in something that wasn't his doing and those who state otherwise are either ignorant or looking for a scapegoat to explain away why their program continues to struggle.

Anyway, congrats on the great hire. I know several of us up here are planning to adopt FAU as our second team and we will be attending games. We look forward to watching FAU become a very good program.
Back to the top

Re: Great Hire

GWMan said

Anyway, congrats on the great hire. I know several of us up here are planning to adopt FAU as our second team and we will be attending games. We look forward to watching FAU become a very good program.

Thanks for the post!  Welcome to The Owls Nest!
Back to the top

Thanks for the kind words and info about Coach Jarvis. He was just formally approved by the BOT a few minutes ago….so he's now "offically" an Owl. Hope to see you at the games!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

"He was just formally approved by the BOT a few minutes ago…He's now "offically" an Owl."

;D ;D ;D

Back to the top

Great Hire

Has anyone at FAU called Stanford to thank them for passing on MJ? :D :D :D

Not only will Jarvis find a way to keep the current players, I think he may prove to be a "father figure" to a couple of our current players who are still trying to find themselves.  Excellent hire.  In my judgment this makes 3 in a row.  FAU's basketball trajectory is the equal of any program in the country.
Back to the top
Control functions: