Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What a great story

<a href="TCC football player is FAU bound | THE EAGLE'S PULSE">TCC football player is FAU bound</a>
Filed under: Features, Stephen Bobinchuck — eaglespulse @ 3:30 am

By Stephen Bobinchuck

Many Tallahassee Community College students see the 6’3, 240lb athlete everyday.

He towers over a majority of the students, looking like a body builder, or superior athlete of some kind.

Rosebert Perissien, Jr., who is currently balancing his studies at TCC with his athletics, is determined to play football for Florida Atlantic University, an NCAA Division I college.

Perissien has been playing football since his freshman year of high school.

“I see him every week before class,” friend and fellow TCC student, Bradley Reeser, said.

Reeser played high school football with Perissien.

“I love being able to hit everyone, and making the big plays,” Perissien said.

After graduating from Wellington High School, he moved to Missouri where he was a starting defensive end for Lincoln University, an NCAA Division II school.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association, at NCAA.com and NCAA.org, rates its divisions by competitiveness and sponsorship; Division I is the top tier of college sports, and it grooms athletes for professional and Olympic competition.

Perissien said he plans to transfer to FAU after he gets his AA, where he will play football and pursue a degree in exercise science.

Perissien’s size is right in the middle of where he should be, as compared with FAU’s online Roster at the website FAU.edu.

Few current FAU players are bigger than Perissien, with the exception of a few 6’7 giants. But what “Junior” may lack in size, he makes up in skill.

“In high school, he was so much more talented than everyone else,” Reeser said.

FAU tryouts will be held in the beginning of August, when the semester starts.

Perissien’s preparation consists of a vigorous training regimen.

“Every day after school, I power lift at Gold’s Gym, followed by speed training at the fields of Boardwalk,” said Perissien.

FAU took only 8 defensive linemen as team walk-ons last year, according to the team’s secretary.

“If I don’t make the team I will be so disappointed in myself.”

Although Perissien remains humble about his chances of making the team, others think differently.

“Playing football is second nature for Junior and I believe making the team at FAU will be as well,” Junior’s High School coach, coach King said.

Perissien’s family has been supportive of his disciplined quest to play Division I football.

“We have always thought that Junior would make it in football,” John Perissien said. “My brother has an excellent work ethic and can do whatever he sets his mind on.

Back to the top

Re: What a great story

What a great story

Has the right build, that's for sure…

Any word on his feet and speed?  Couldn't find any profiles on him…
Back to the top

Not sure I am understanding the part of the story about taking 8 defensive lineman as walk-ons last year...we really have 8 D-Lineman from last year on the roster than walked on the team?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

COULD be a great story, with the strong history of walk-ons making a difference at FAU this kid will have as good an opportunity as any other. Now is he the next Bartels, IDK??? but at least it keeps in my mind the type of kids who want to play at FAU and that is already a good image I have
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

COULD be a great story, with the strong history of walk-ons making a difference at FAU this kid will have as good an opportunity as any other. Now is he the next Bartels, IDK??? but at least it keeps in my mind the type of kids who want to play at FAU and that is already a good image I have

I think it's great that a guy is working his @$$ off in Tally just to get a shot to play for us.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

that a guy is working his @$$ off in Tally just to get a shot to play for us.

i wonder if he knows Alfred Morris??  isn't that where he is from…we don't attract alot of attention up that way for obvious reasons…but it would be interesting to know if that has anything to do with it…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

that a guy is working his @$$ off in Tally just to get a shot to play for us.

i wonder if he knows Alfred Morris??  isn't that where he is from…we don't attract alot of attention up that way for obvious reasons…but it would be interesting to know if that has anything to do with it…

Yeah, that's possible. It's just like when they announced the new recruits in the Founder's Lounge and the coaches talked about how they had recruited from new schools, setting up new lines of contact within the state. I know one current FAU player… can't remember who… said "FAU is a goldmine. I'm telling as many high school kids as I can to come here and play football."

I'm trying to find some info on Yourhighness Morgan's brother, Prince, since HS said we're recruiting him. I can't seem to find out any info on him.
Back to the top
Control functions: