Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NBC sports Article on Jarvis hire (and FAU in General)

Add topic

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24832042/

Nice shoutout to howard and the FB team on it as well as other information.

Good read.

Pertinet Quote:

And once again, the Owls have made a splashy hire.

A school that already has Howard Schnellenberger coaching football — his Owls won the Sun Belt and were the only team from the pigskin-crazed Sunshine State to win a bowl game last season — and hired former North Carolina coach Matt Doherty to lead the basketball program three years ago now can add Jarvis to its marquee lineup.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: NBC sports Article on Jarvis hire (and FAU in General)

Ive stayed pretty quiet on all this "HOOPLA" as I cannot claim to be even a fan of College Basketball, but if the above quote and article is indicative of the kind of exposure FAU is getting due to this hire then its probably the best thing to happen to the basketball program and the school in general since FAU made the tourney. This was the lead story under College BBball on MSNBC.com

Now hopefully this motivates some pocketbooks in the Boca area to pony up. FAU is making the hires and getting the attention it needs to propel it to the next level. Lets just hope they can capitalize on it. Just like every other Sunbelt school facilites are holding us back.

How we acquire TOP notch coaches with sub-par facilites and a BOT that takes a week to decide if it needs to wipe its buttocks after it deficates is really beyond me.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

How we acquire TOP notch coaches with sub-par facilites and a BOT that takes a week to decide if it needs to wipe its buttocks after it deficates is really beyond me.

Kairos?? :)

Owlfamily:

Look at the the words "MY MESSAGES" up top…it should be lit up for a few hours now ;D
Back to the top

This is my favorite:

“We’re going to be playing in the dance,” Jarvis said. “I don’t know when. I’m not making those promises. But I am promising you that before very long, we’re going to be having a party here.”

Mike Jarvis - May 27, 2008

I think we should get this Bronzed when it happens, and hang it in the Arena!
Back to the top

Same article as on ESPN.com, but some of the comments are just brutal.  Not much love from the St. John's fans.  I'm holding my breath on this one.

Jarvis returns to college coaching after nearly five-year absence - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
Back to the top

The said

Same article as on ESPN.com, but some of the comments are just brutal.  Not much love from the St. John's fans.  I'm holding my breath on this one.

Jarvis returns to college coaching after nearly five-year absence - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

Bigdog, you over at rivals.com as BigDog71?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

It means God's Time
Back to the top

NBC sports Article on Jarvis hire (and FAU in General)

OWLUMNI said

Florida_Owl said

It means God's Time

Yes, he asked a question…i was offering an answer to it ;)

owlfamily said

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Angelos deserves credit…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

Bigdog, you over at rivals.com as BigDog71?

Yeah, that's me.
Back to the top
Control functions: