Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PB Post: "FAU millions short for stadium"

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/services/content/local_news/epaper/2008/05/28/0528fauuniversitystadium.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=76

Is this just an eye-catching headline, or are we really in jeopardy of losing the stadium?
Back to the top

Re: PB Post: "FAU millions short for stadium"

Lm77 said

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/services/content/local_news/epaper/2008/05/28/0528fauuniversitystadium.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=76

Is this just an eye-catching headline, or are we really in jeopardy of losing the stadium?

Dont think its not serious, in this economy Im sure it is for real.

1.25mm from Smile Express

3 "other 6 figure Donations" assume an average of 250K each

2 Million raised so we would need at least 8 million more in 3 months?

A daunting task unless a naming rights pops up.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

And now for the rest of the story:

They have a company seriously interested in the naming rights…

Let's just leave this one to HS! :)

Back to the top

If Bank Atlantic is not going to pony up the money, I would work very hard to get that branch out of their and not only make all ATMs at all FAU campuses one bank but give that spot to the bank that pays for the naming rights that is located at the Boca campus.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Amen Walty!!! I wish it was that easy. I tried to get Commerce Bank to sponsor the prOWLers in 2006, but the school was hesitant to approve it because we were not an 'auxiliary" like athletics who has more fund-raising and sponsorship opportunities. Instead, we are a student club, which is under student affairs, which is connected somehow to business services, which is under contact with Bank Atlantic.

However, I think that if Commerce Bank or whomever walked in to the business office with Dexter LaMont and said "Here's $20 million. We want a stadium and every ATM on this campus," I think someone would say "yes OK."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

PB Post: "FAU millions short for stadium"

smittysahoot said

Amen Walty!!! I wish it was that easy. I tried to get Commerce Bank to sponsor the prOWLers in 2006, but the school was hesitant to approve it because we were not an 'auxiliary" like athletics who has more fund-raising and sponsorship opportunities. Instead, we are a student club, which is under student affairs, which is connected somehow to business services, which is under contact with Bank Atlantic.

However, I think that if Commerce Bank or whomever walked in to the business office with Dexter LaMont and said "Here's $20 million. We want a stadium and every ATM on this campus," I think someone would say "yes OK."

Smitty:

Clubs are funded by A&S fees exclusively…may i ask who (in the school) sold you that line above?? Because, that's what is was - a line…
Back to the top

Get Bank Atlantic the F out of there!  I just cancelled all my accounts with them today anyways. 
Back to the top

BankAtlantic already has naming rights to the Panther's arena in Sunrise (formerly the Office Depot Center, formerly the National Car Rental Center). Somehow I doubt they are interested in naming another venue just up the road. On the other hand, a bank like RBC, which is rapidly expanding in the southeast USA, might make more sense. They have naming rights to the RBC Center in Raleigh (NHL Hurricanes and NC State), which doesn't seem to overlap.
Back to the top

I keep coming back to Commerce Bank for some reson…

Realtive new comer to S. Florida, Thye have had thier mascot at the games and done small promotions already. Plus i dont think they have a large over exposure in Housing here in Florida or across the rest of the country.

This would be a big "splash" for them to land prominently in a large S. Florida market and have an immediate impact pressence.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed. If im sitting in lockhart against Michigan State 2010 Ill probably vomit before going in.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

If im sitting in lockhart against Michigan State 2010 Ill probably vomit before going in.

:D
Back to the top
Control functions: