Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Phil Steele's Pre-season All SBC...FAU represented well!

Phil Steele's Pre-season All SBC...FAU represented well!

This guy is known for being VERY accurate…in fact his total accuracy percentage beats the majors hands down…ill spare the long winded explanation and just say he has about 5 "indexes" he uses for things:

2008 Phile Steels Pre-Season All SBC Teams
Back to the top

Re: Phil Steele's Pre-season All SBC...FAU represented well!

Phil Palmisano also ranks FAU very highly!
Back to the top

I'll def be on the lookout for his magazine…

so I'm looking over his list of the 2008 Week-by-week schedules and I'm concerned because this is the second list of televised games I've seen that doesn't include a televised game slated for our game vs Texas.

I sure hope it's televised not only because I want to watch it and can't get out there but also because <a href="http://wise.fau.edu/wow/boca.html">FAU is already promoting the Watch Party on Aug.30th.</a>

Anyway, there are a lot of David and Goliath battles that week as you might expect. Outside of our game, ULM is taking on Auburn. I like Auburn (because they consistently defeat UF) but wonder if ULM can do what they accomplished at 'Bama last season. I doubt it since Auburn is much better than Alabama but it would be great for the Belt… not to mention a little scary for us… if they could manage the upset. ASU is at Texas A&M too… wonder how they'll fare…

Appalachian State at LSU… ooft.

Back to the top

Sun Belt needs to do something with regards to TV.  Mountain West has a deal with Versus to show their games, I don't know why the Sun Belt can't get something similar…the markets have pretty much no overlap.

College Football TV Schedule

This site has all the games scheduled for national broadcast.  I assume that they still may be locally broadcast, but I don't know how we will get the Texas game in Boca.

Does anyone know if these games will be webcast?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I'll def be on the lookout for his magazine…

so I'm looking over his list of the 2008 Week-by-week schedules and I'm concerned because this is the second list of televised games I've seen that doesn't include a televised game slated for our game vs Texas.

Not to worry…if nothing else it will be on ESPN+ as a PPV…

However, i strongly believe someone will pick it up…
Back to the top

With all due respect to Phil Steele, how is Riley Dodge the 2nd Team QB?  Does being the coach's son trump the fact that you are an incoming freshman and have yet to take a snap in a college football game?  I know the kid was highly touted out of high school and all, but that's pushing it.
Back to the top

Baller07 said

With all due respect to Phil Steele, how is Riley Dodge the 2nd Team QB?  Does being the coach's son trump the fact that you are an incoming freshman and have yet to take a snap in a college football game?  I know the kid was highly touted out of high school and all, but that's pushing it.

Yeah, a little surprising…don't know anything about the kid, except the fact that he has alot of experience in the system the are running obviously…

for what its worth, he was also high on Rusty at the beginning of last season - even after the dismal freshman year…and, well, we know how that went :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Baller07 said

Yeah, a little surprising…don't know anything about the kid, except the fact that he has alot of experience in the system the are running obviously…

for what its worth, he was also high on Rusty at the beginning of last season - even after the dismal freshman year…and, well, we know how that went :)

As a junior, Dodge gained 4,184 yards and 54 touchdowns passing, plus 1,119 yards and 13 scores rushing, in Todd Dodge's trademark no-huddle spread offense. His 54 TD passes tie fellow Southlake Carroll alumnus Chase Wasson for third all-time in Texas high school football history.

That is almost 5,500 yards of offense and 67 TD's in the best league of Texas football.  The pre-season Sun Belt Pre-Season Sun Belt team is just a prediction of how the upcoming season will play out, the players did not earn it yet.  Lets not forget that Riley Dodge was commited to go play QB at Texas before pulling out to go to UNT…pretty sure if the top QB recruit for UF pulled out to play for FAU he would be highly touted, especially if he had the numbers Riley Dodge had in high school.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Lets not forget that Riley Dodge was commited to go play QB at Texas before pulling out to go to UNT…

Wow, didnt know that…that adds some "clarity" for sure :)
Back to the top

I hate 1pm games
Back to the top
Control functions: