Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ranking Blog...

Sports News - College Football - The New York Times

This blog is going to update all 120 Div 1 teams

They are up to 115 already, and have preivewd FIU, WKU, and ULL from the Sunbelt.

Will be interesting to see where they put FAU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Ranking Blog...

UAB ranked 113.. should be a nice home win for the owls

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The blog is up to #87 - Louisiana Monroe.

I just hope with such a superb OOC schedule the sun belt can turn a few heads and not be the warmups we have been in the past.

Has there ever been talk amongst sun belt and other mid majors to refuse to play larger programs without at least a 2-1 ratio of away and home.  It seems like if all the mid majors joined up we could force teams like Florida out of their stadiums at least 33% of the time instead of 0%. 

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

It seems like if all the mid majors joined up we could force teams like Florida out of their stadiums at least 33% of the time instead of 0%.

I would Hope that the NCAA does something about this in time…

But, then again, thats part of being on the top…you get to make the rules…

When was the last time they played an OOC road game??
Back to the top

Florida has a tough OOC schedule this year they have a home game against Hawaii, Miami, and the Citadel and an away game against FSU but I agree big time schools should have to play some road games OOC also.
Back to the top

Florida hasn't played an OOC game away (other than FSU) since Syracuse c. 1991 (with one exception of Miami 2003).  That, IMO, is ridiculous.  Florida State played Colorado away, Miami played Oklahoma away, there is no justification for UF not, besides of course money.

If the mid majors refused to play the big dogs without at least 1 game at home, it would be the norm.  NCAA shouldn't have to change anything, just the mid majors.

Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Florida hasn't played an OOC game away (other than FSU) since Syracuse c. 1991 (with one exception of Miami 2003).  That, IMO, is ridiculous.  Florida State played Colorado away, Miami played Oklahoma away, there is no justification for UF not, besides of course money.

90,000 fans average x $45/ticket avg = $4,050,000

So I understand that talking UF out of $4 million is not easy…

They make a third of our athletics budget in one day. BCA games like the Fiesta Bowl and the Orange Bowl pay out $17 million to participating teams. No wonder we're trying to get into a better bowl game.

For comparison, the Motor City Bowl (remember, which MTSU played in as the result of an at-large bid) pays out $750,000… meh.
Back to the top

Ranking Blog...

SeminOWL2006 said

If the mid majors refused to play the big dogs without at least 1 game at home, it would be the norm.  NCAA shouldn't have to change anything, just the mid majors.

That is kind of crazy, most other big football schools play on the road…just off the top of my head I know Michigan has been to Washington, Oregon, and Notre Dame in the past few years.  I think Ohio State has been to Texas among others.  USC traveled to play Arkansas I believe as well.  Case of UF not taking any chances, dont think its about money.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

After thinking a little more, I remembered that they play Florida State every other season on the road....SEC vs. ACC.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If Florida didn't want to take any chances then why do they agree to play FSU every year.
Back to the top
Control functions: