Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Summer

Anyone know when voluntary player run summer workouts start and how the turnout looks or will look?

I believe last year they had their best turnout ever. 
Back to the top

Re: Summer

started last week but no idea of turnout so far
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

started last week but no idea of turnout so far

They had alot out back the day of Jarvis' press conference…at least 15 - all linemen -  out there with Tony…
Back to the top

apetbrown said

Anyone know when voluntary player run summer workouts start and how the turnout looks or will look?

They just lift weights and so forth, yes? …they don't run plays or anything behind the Oxley because the NCAA forbids that, right?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

apetbrown said

They just lift weights and so forth, yes? …they don't run plays or anything behind the Oxley because the NCAA forbids that, right?
do you know if the players are allowed to run on there own or throw the ball around like if Gent is running routes for Rusty but no coach's are there so its not considered an official team workout?
Back to the top

Summer

They are definitely running routes working on timing.  Doing pass skeleton and running sprints and all that jazz.  They can do whatever they want as long as coaches aren't out there.  Meaning the coaches told them a lot of what to do at an earlier time.
Back to the top

apetbrown said

They are definitely running routes working on timing.  Doing pass skeleton and running sprints and all that jazz.  They can do whatever they want as long as coaches aren't out there.  Meaning the coaches told them a lot of what to do at an earlier time.

So the football players are out there on their own doing 7-on-7's and such like they did before the Spring practices? Do you know when they're out there? Mondays and Wednesdays, maybe?
Back to the top

Typically the team captains or vocal leaders will lead these.  Many times the S&C coach is responsible for keeping an eye on these and for some reason he does not constitute a coach that would violate the NCAA's policy.

It would be extremely unfortunate if our team was not holding "voluntary" summer workouts.
Back to the top

One of my friends on team said that the entire team will be back in summer B
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

One of my friends on team said that the entire team will be back in summer B

Cool. Yeah, at the end of Spring practices they would gather up and shout "1…2…3… Repeat!"

So I'm sure they realize they have to get back into it.
Back to the top
Control functions: