Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Young Alumni Season Ticket Package

Does anyone else see the irony in them even having this?  Besides the USF game people can walk right in with an Owl Card, valid or not.  I like the idea of a discount for young alumni but there needs to be a way to prevent alumni from posing as students…..although maybe that would lower attendance, comments?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Young Alumni Season Ticket Package

SeminOWL2006 said

Does anyone else see the irony in them even having this?  Besides the USF game people can walk right in with an Owl Card, valid or not.  I like the idea of a discount for young alumni but there needs to be a way to prevent alumni from posing as students…..although maybe that would lower attendance, comments?

If I had money I would pay for tickets but as an FAU alum and now florida grad student I will still use my old owl cards.  Somehow in 4 years I ended up with atleast 3 owl cards ;D.
Back to the top

Young Alumni Season Ticket Package

Season tickets are extremely inexpensive.  The program needs money and that is one of the best ways to show support.  Just cancel a few weekends at the bar and you can cover a seat.

I still have my Owl card, yet have had season tickets for 4 years now.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I think right now, money or not, we need the attendance and I would be extremely disappointed if Athletics tried to shoot down any graduates with Owl Cards. Half of the people I attend the games with are on the fence about FAu sports and are willing to attend because it's free.

I think this will work itself out naturally when the stadium comes into being and then down the line when seats become more of a valuable commodity. It would be great to be able to sell-out the FAU stadium at even $25 a pop x 30,000 seats = $750,000 per home game, more than twice the payout of the New Orleans Bowl.

It's going to take a while to get to the point where we can charge $25/seat and sell it out.
Back to the top

Ah yes, talk of the new stadium is an important point. Remember that when that stadium is built the order in which they sell season tickets will work its way down from top donors to season ticket holders to the general public.

If the Owls continue their winning trend and the hype builds as the stadium goes up (see UCF) it won't be a quick call to Bobbie to get a set of seats, you're gonna have to have been in line for a while (at least to get some good tickets that you'll be happy to "will" to your kids). Whether you can afford to be in the Owl Club is one thing, but just having a set of your own seats is a great move that supports the program and you don't have to sit with all the drunk kids, you get to sit with all of the drunk adults!
Back to the top

ehh well while we are at lockheart there is no way for them to swipe cards…..the card swipes that will read owl cards cost too much money……i can see it when we open the new stadium…….whenever that may be.

And as for willing seats to my kids…….i dont think thats going to be too much of an issue…..but it will be something cool to do.
Back to the top

Two years ago, no one wanted UCF season tickets and now, they're not that easy to get.

I don't care if there's a waiting list or not for FAU tickets at the time of my demise but either way my damn kids are getting them in the will!  ;D
Back to the top

Until we at least meet the minimum D-I standards for average attendance for games I dont think we need to worry about busting alumni for using owl cards, lets just get people in the seats.  The program is new and has to prove itself to to the fans before they are going to buy season tickets, especially those who are not especially football fans in the first place.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Until we at least meet the minimum D-I standards for average attendance for games I dont think we need to worry about busting alumni for using owl cards, lets just get people in the seats.

Thank you…….

Good point!
Back to the top

Furthermore, to just chalk it up like its a cheap event to go to is not exactly accurate.  Just to do the math for myself (if I ever had a date):

2 Tickets (sideline):  $50
Gas (coming from Delray): $15
Parking:  $10?
Food and Beer:  $25-40 (probably more)
Total:  $100-$120

However, watching your Owls win…priceless.

Point is, that the economy is slumping and the costs of everything is going up…lets just get people to the game and get their support, we will worry about generating revenue from ticket sales at a later time (like when we have an on campus stadium).

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: