Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU/Texas trip offered through FAU

Back to the top

Re: FAU/Texas trip offered through FAU

wow sooooo expensive i really hope SGA does somthing for the students i dont care if we stay in a motel 6.
Back to the top

FAU/Texas trip offered through FAU

owlcountry40 said

wow sooooo expensive i really hope SGA does somthing for the students i dont care if we stay in a motel 6.
You'll notice that the trip includes a stay at a Hilton… a Hilton which probably costs $200/night. It may just be that they want to ensure you'll have a good experience but I'm sure these travel companies are getting kickbacks from these overpriced hotels.

That being said, after several road trips in the past couple of years, I will no longer stay in a hotel that has a number in the name. Motel 6, Super 8, Crazy 9's…. forget it. Last time I went to Orlando, I stayed in a La Quinta. It worked out to be about $30/person because we had three people per room. The hotel had three pools, a bar, a convenience store, pizza hut delivery for the rooms and a miniature golf course.

You can't beat that. I'd take that over the $200 Hilton in a heartbeat.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlcountry40 said

You'll notice that the trip includes a stay at a Hilton… a Hilton which probably costs $200/night. It may just be that they want to ensure you'll have a good experience but I'm sure these travel companies are getting kickbacks from these overpriced hotels.

That being said, after several road trips in the past couple of years, I will no longer stay in a hotel that has a number in the name. Motel 6, Super 8, Crazy 9's…. forget it. Last time I went to Orlando, I stayed in a La Quinta. It worked out to be about $30/person because we had three people per room. The hotel had three pools, a bar, a convenience store, pizza hut delivery for the rooms and a miniature golf course.

You can't beat that. I'd take that over the $200 Hilton in a heartbeat.

You read my mind… La Quinta Inn Austin Downtown (6th street) I booked it about a month ago at $130 a night for 3 nights, 3 people in a room plus my plane tickets $260 round trip on Jet Blue still works out to be a hell of a lot cheaper then what FAU is offering. You can plan this trip yourself and save $500

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Hilton is probably FAU team hotel, thus why we are staying there.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: