Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Respect and Fear....

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/msu-red-cedar-message-board/289405-how-come-there-no-future-schedules-past-2008-a.html

Interesting read on The spartans board. They are a lil nervous ESPECIALLY about the home game in 2010.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Respect and Fear....

AWESOME

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Nice to see you guys getting some respect. Hopefully one day the entire Sunbelt can earn some respect.

Go Troy Go
Back to the top

Re: Phil Steele's top 40

Some Texas stuff too.

Phil Steele has us ranked at #40 in the country?  ??? ;D

Back to the top

Respect and Fear....

"Why the hell we agreed to play FAU, at all, is beyond me. Slowly, Schnellenberger's building a power out of nothing over there, and, with the way that program's been improving over the last few years, that might be an extremely tough game for us in whatever year we play them, wherever we play them.

Schnellenberger's kind of looking for a signature win at FAU, and I prey to God that won't be MSU in '08, '10, or '11.

Seriously, at this portion of their existance, although they're stuck in the Sun Belt (the worst D-1 football conference in the country), the Owls are nothing to screw around with."

If you keep reading one guy wonders what it would cost them buy out of their games with us they REALLY don't want to play us  ;D

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Re: Phil Steele's top 40

Some Texas stuff too.

Phil Steele has us ranked at #40 in the country?  ??? ;D

kinda makes me nervous all this hype, we just lost Harmon for the year. I hope they don't go out there with this big head thinking they're finally getting some respect and then they don't play to the potential against Texas

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Agree!

The biggest trap for us now is complacency.

If anyone can take a hold of this situation I know its HS. Hes been here and done that.

Strangely cant find much chatter about us on the UAB and Minn message boards.

Back to the top

Ok, found some Minnesota chattter…

100 Days to Kickoff! Here's my early game-by-game thoughts in Brew's Crew Forum

Pertinet FAU Quotes…

September 20 - Florida Atlantic: This just in, FAU is a good small-conference school. They beat us and won a bowl game last year. They will not have three of last year's advantages: the element of surprise, the heat and an opponent that didn't understand its own playbook. Close Win.

I'd agree with most of your predictions, but I'm going to go into the Indiana game thinking we should win that one. Overall, I see us going 3-1 in NC (losing either to BGSU or FAU) and 2-6 in Big10 (with 2 wins from these 3 games: Ind, NW, Iowa).

5 wins total, B10 wins against Northwestern and Iowa. We will be within a touchdown (but lose) to: FAU, Indiana and Michigan. For some reason I think we have a better chance of beating Michigan than Indiana. If there was ever a time to beat Michigan, it would be this year. Add in to the fact that it seems Brewster is able to get his players "into" big games (see WI in '07), and I think we have a legitimate chance at beating MI.

I remain, perhaps overly optimistic. I think we go at least 3-1 in NC play with FAU being the only potential hiccup but I still feel we will beat them.

First third - NIU, BGSU, MtSU, FAU - I agree with FDL we lose 1 of these, either Bowling Green or FAU. After 4 games 3-1

It then degenerates into a Minn vs Wisconsion Smack thread, but they are nervous as well.

Nerver a better or more nerve wracking time to be a fan of FAU football.

Back to the top

Zoiks!

And i thought 3,000 posts was alot…they got guys on that forum that have 16,000+ posts…

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

That's simply insane.

;D
Back to the top

lol wow nice to see some people are worried about playing us......
Back to the top
Control functions: