Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fau players drafted

Add topic

Mike Mckenna- first pick of 14 round Tampa Bay

Daniel Cook- 5th pick of 15 round by San Francisco ( Maybe he can visit Rex)
Back to the top

Re: Fau players drafted

Fau players drafted

14? 15?

I thought we had a pitcher that was going in the 8th?

When are we going to have someone go to the majors and represent??

What rounds will take you right to the MLB??

Back to the top

Well last years top 5 picks are still in single A so I guess it takes a long time to make it to MLB level
Back to the top

The MLB draft is a bigger crapshoot than the other major sports. No draft position is going to get you right to the majors....average time from being drafted to making the Major League team is probably around 4 or 5 years and some guys it takes longer than that. Usually college pitchers, especially college relievers take the shortest amount of time.
Back to the top

Yes, Mike goes to the Tampa Bay Rays!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

TBRays.blogspot.com
Back to the top

Jeff Fiorentino went to the pros last year. When Sammy Sosa got injured, he stepped in for a few weeks and I think went 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 in his first game.

Carmen Cali was a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals a few seasons ago. Don't know where he is now.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

GoRays said

Yes, Mike goes to the Tampa Bay Rays!

Yah i was pretty happy about that too, now if he can just make it to the Bigs……we can all go over to tampa and watch him play!
Back to the top

Cali is in Triple-A with the Twins, while Fiorentino just got picked up again by the Orioles after starting the season on the A's opening-day roster in Japan.
Back to the top
Control functions: