Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU unveils new Logo

Article from the Miami Herald:

Golden Panthers unveil new logo

New FIU Logo:
Back to the top

Re: FIU unveils new Logo

Bytor said

New FIU Logo:

That actually looks pretty good

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FIU unveils new Logo

Bytor said

New FIU Logo:

Perhaps it was a response to the state university system budget cuts, but Looks like something's missing to me…liked the old one better, had more character. The new one does have a panther with more "attitude" on his face though.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

Bytor said

New FIU Logo:

It doesn't look that much different from the old one. I would be upset if I were FIU.

I played around with it and developed a more fierce version:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Jab979 said

That actually looks pretty good

looks better than the old one…thats for sure!
Back to the top

I like the letters - more traditional and the old cat with the new face would have been cool
Back to the top

I like it, I think its close enough to the old one to not be noticed by too many people….keep the instant recognition while becoming more collegiate with the lettering, and fierce with the facial expression.  Good for them, hope their new stadium is nice (at least for our sake when we play there in the future)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I think it looks horrible. It is very bland and dull. No energy. It looks like a high school team. Although I am biased, if you compare theirs to our logo, it is worlds apart. Ours looks along the same lines as UF. You can tell we put a lot of thought (and money) into our new logo, theirs look like I could have redesigned it on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Back to the top

Looks pretty pathetic. It is way too bland. The panther in the old one was understated which I liked. It didn't need to have a gaping mouth full of teeth to look fierce. The new logo is pretty weak.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I agree with the two posters before me.  It's crappy and just looks silly.  Looks too cartoonish.

They need to hire a professional to do their logo.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: