Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ok, now what about the spots to fill...

Add topic

I think we stand to get 2 more if MJ so chooses…but it is late.

Last official word is that we have all players returning, and no recruits seeking release…so that would put us here, if this remains in tact:

Returners

Graham 2,1
Hernandez 4
Hughley 2
Monroe 5,4
Nwoji 1
Perkins 3
Royster 5

Signees:

Pena 3,2
Shine 2,1
Sutton 5

It appearant that we need a PG!  The dual role  strategy is not going to work effectively, as we saw last year with Graham spending time as back-up to Nwoji…

Here's Hoping MJ has an Ace or two up his sleeve to pull this late in the period! :)

Please post any credible information here as to news of new players being sought after, and or signed…

Thanks!

Back to the top

Re: Ok, now what about the spots to fill...

It appears the above is accurate, as the newly published roster posted on www.fausports.com includes all current players:

2008-09 Men's Hoops Roster

Now, to just welcome the three incoming recruits, and Hopefully sign two more! :)
Back to the top

Ok, now what about the spots to fill...

Who is # 30 Matt Best?
Back to the top

He played on the team last year he is a walk on and he either played like a minute against either Savanah State or Longwood I can't remember which one.
Back to the top

fins09065 said

He played on the team last year he is a walk on and he either played like a minute against either Savanah State or Longwood I can't remember which one.

Gotcha, I dont even remember seeing his name on the roster last year. 
Back to the top

fins09065 said

And I think during that minute he wasn't very good. Hopefully he has practiced over the summer.
Back to the top

Yeah the little time that Best and James Staten played didn't look to good hopefully Staten improved big time so we can have another player at Point Guard
Back to the top

What about Avery Holly.  Is he an option at PG?  Will he be playing this year?
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

What about Avery Holly.  Is he an option at PG?  Will he be playing this year?

he is not listed on the roster at present…so maybe, maybe not…last word from him directly, was that he was…but obviously that was a while back, and things have changed drastically since then…
Back to the top

Was that pre or post blown knee?

Jeez, that kid's had a rough go his first two years playing football. Maybe he's better on the basketball court.
Back to the top
Control functions: