Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We're getting a little respect this year

Read the summary about FAU vs Texas. A little concern is there. I don't get the joke about Rusty's name. Someone want to explain it.

Five non-conference trap games for national title contenders | Yardbarker.com

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: We're getting a little respect this year

Well they better respect us! I would love to see us in a shoot out with them. If we put some points on the board and get them away from trying to pound the ball, I think they may be in a lil trouble, especially if the pass rush I observed in the spring makes its way to the field come seasons start.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Read the summary about FAU vs Texas. A little concern is there. I don't get the joke about Rusty's name. Someone want to explain it.

I don't get the name thing either but I like the article.  I hope our guys don't start believing their own press but continue with the no respect attitude.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think the coaches will keep them grounded. They still have a lot to prove before they can start believing their own press clippings. But you must admit, just having these conversations is a step up. I look forward to the ride, well in the Owls case, the flight. HOOTYHOOT!!!!
Back to the top

yah i agree hopefully all this hype doesnt get to their heads……

cant wait to see how we fair against a team like Texas this year……
Back to the top

I think our best chance is to get TX away from the run game. I'm sure they are massive up front. so if we can put some points on the board early and get them to throwing the ball, I think our defensive speed will do them in, especially if the pass rush looks as good as it did in the spring.
Back to the top

We're getting a little respect this year

illinoisowl said

I think he may be alluding to a "Rusty trombone". Google it, NSFW.
Back to the top
Control functions: