Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Add topic

Re: NEW - Stadium Pictures

Talon said

I was on the FAU Athletic Football site and don't remember seeing this before. Did I completely miss this or is this Virtual Tour of the Stadium & Innovation Village new

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=fau&sport=genrel&category=Features%20%26%20Interviews%20%28MediaType%29&media=69593       8)
wow looks awsome cant wait for the stadium
Back to the top

Talon said

I was on the FAU Athletic Football site and don't remember seeing this before. Did I completely miss this or is this Virtual Tour of the Stadium & Innovation Village new

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=fau&sport=genrel&category=Features%20%26%20Interviews%20%28MediaType%29&media=69593       8)

Looks fantastic. Its dated 6/8/08 so it is new. I'm sure this is a presentation tool for fund raising. I hope we hear good news soon.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I absolutely can't wait.
Back to the top

WOW. That is very, very cool.

One thing to note, however: that new apartment complex they show with the huge pool… probably won't have a pool. It's an additional construction cost and we're already going to be building a huge leisure pool like that as part of the expansion of the upcoming Rec Center (phase 2 with the pool is essentially already funded so it's just a matter of time). Why have two pools so close to each other, you know?

But yeah.

It's so incredible to think how different this place will be in five years. That's the exciting thing about being at FAU that you don't really feel at places like UF and FSU. At those schools, what you see is what you get and the most exciting change will be a national championship (not that that's not exciting). Meanwhile at campuses like FAU, things are changing so rapidly that the schools don't even look like they did when you were a freshman.
Back to the top

cool.  What's the new building across from the new fitness center?
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

cool.  What's the new building across from the new fitness center?

The Alumni Center!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

WOW. That is very, very cool.

One thing to note, however: that new apartment complex they show with the huge pool… probably won't have a pool. It's an additional construction cost and we're already going to be building a huge leisure pool like that as part of the expansion of the upcoming Rec Center (phase 2 with the pool is essentially already funded so it's just a matter of time). Why have two pools so close to each other, you know?

But yeah.

It's so incredible to think how different this place will be in five years. That's the exciting thing about being at FAU that you don't really feel at places like UF and FSU. At those schools, what you see is what you get and the most exciting change will be a national championship (not that that's not exciting). Meanwhile at campuses like FAU, things are changing so rapidly that the schools don't even look like they did when you were a freshman.

so a pool is going into the new rec center
Back to the top

NEW - Stadium Pictures

owlcountry40 said

so a pool is going into the new rec center

Outside of it as part of the second Phase. The original date to open the pool was after Spring Break. I think it's closer to being open in Fall 2009 now… they don't even have official designs for it yet.
Back to the top
Control functions: