Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sporting News Power Rankings

FAU ranked 56th out of 120 teams.  Not bad for a 7-year-old team!

State of Florida
UF - 6
FSU - 25
USF - 34
UM - 51
FAU - 56
UCF - 59
FIU - 113

Sun Belt Conference
FAU -56
Troy - 72
ULM - 88
MTSU - 105
ASU - 110
FIU - 113
ULL - 114
N.Texas - 116
WKU -119

2008 Non-Conference Opponents

Texas - 21
UAB - 109
Michigan St. - 28
Minnesota - 67

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/buckifreak/155234
Back to the top

Re: Sporting News Power Rankings

the rankings have been crazy so far ive ssen us as low as 70 and high as 49 ive seen fsu at 50 in one and texas as high as 6th and now as low as 21
Back to the top

Ohhhh, the UCF folks are gonna throw a hissy fit now. 
Back to the top

i think MSU and UT ought to swap places in this "poll"…….

roscoeowl said

Lol…they will bel ucky to finish the season there…no K. Smith = game over.
Back to the top

The rankings (before a single down has been played!) don't mean much, but they do set the stage for the final rankings. It's easier to get into the top 25 if you start with a high ranking than if you start with a low one. Last season we had three exceptional victories: Minnesota, Troy, and Memphis. This season we are expected to make similar victories seem routine.

The downside to the rating game for FAU is that we have everything to gain with our first four games (the OOC ones) and everything at risk with the rest of the season (the SBC games). While we did win a share of the conference championship last season, going undefeated in the SBC will not be easy – every game is a trap game.

Last season we finished ahead of UM in the rankings. Can we do it two seasons in a row? Will a 2-2 OOC record be enough to receive votes in the top 25? It should be an exciting season.

P.S. I don't think those are the official Sporting News rankings. They seem to just be one person's blog.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

You better believe it.

Hopefully we'll have a great season and give them more to be mad about.
Back to the top

I can't believe FSU is ranked that high. Granted I don't know much about them but I thought for sure UM would be ranked ahead of them. If the QB works out for Miami they're going to have a much better season then last year. I'm not a canes fan but I'm sure there are some of you on here. I hope we finish better then Miami but I don't think we will, they're going to be a good team this season.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

both FSU and UM had very young teams last year, and FSU showed some possitive signs last year even though they didnt win many games……

i am impressed that Usf is ranked that high……we both share something in common this year…..USF and FAU wont be overlooked this year by many teams this year
Back to the top

Sporting News Power Rankings

The ranking looks nice. I wish we played USF again, I know FAU would beat them this year. I agree that FAU will not sneak up on many people this year and of course they now have the dreaded bullseye on their backs. So they better get ready as it will be getting hot and hot real fast. 
Back to the top
Control functions: