Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who broadcasts the Owls on TV?

I'm talking about a local South Florida syndicate.  Does Sun Sports or FSN carry any FAU games or only the Gaytors?  (sorry but i've hated UF since i was young).  Is there any channel in Boca Raton that broadcasts the Owls home and away games besides ESPN?
Back to the top

Re: Who broadcasts the Owls on TV?

The said

I'm talking about a local South Florida syndicate.  Does Sun Sports or FSN carry any FAU games or only the Gaytors?  (sorry but i've hated UF since i was young).  Is there any channel in Boca Raton that broadcasts the Owls home and away games besides ESPN?

A lot of the FAU road games have been broadcast on CSS(Comcast Sports South).
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The said

Aye CSS has picked up a couple, some were simple rebroadcast of ESPN+ feeds, but they also did thier own once or twice.  Its not always pretty coverage of the game, in fact during the FIU game the LITERALLY stoppped showing the plays on the field while they talked to Don Shula for 15 minutes.

Im a shula fan, but my goodness, SHOW THE BLOODY GAME!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Who broadcasts the Owls on TV?

owlfamily said

fauowls44 said

The said

Aye CSS has picked up a couple, some were simple rebroadcast of ESPN+ feeds, but they also did thier own once or twice.  Its not always pretty coverage of the game, in fact during the FIU game the LITERALLY stoppped showing the plays on the field while they talked to Don Shula for 15 minutes.

The reason:

Not by traditional methodology (commercial sponsors)…we and others (opponents) co-op ($$$) to get the games on the air…at least we have the last two seasons for 3/4 of the schedule…remember seeing his steak house on the commercials two seasons ago?  That's why.

This year may be different…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

fauowls44 said

The said

The reason:

Not by traditional methodology (commercial sponsors)…we and others (opponents) co-op ($$$) to get the games on the air…at least we have the last two seasons for 3/4 of the schedule…remember seeing his steak house on the commercials two seasons ago?  That's why.

Anybody ever been to his steakhouse? I went to Shula's on the beach a few weeks ago in Ft. Lauderdale and it was some good eatin'. not to mention it is right on the beach, awesome view  :o
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Anybody ever been to his steakhouse? I went to Shula's on the beach a few weeks ago in Ft. Lauderdale and it was some good eatin'. not to mention it is right on the beach, awesome view  :o

no, but i heard they have this super huge steak that is 36 ounces…that's insane!
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

fauowls44 said

The said

The reason:

Tell me his steakhouse has a bunch of FAU stuff in there…
Back to the top

Don't know how accurate this is, but apparantly Schnelly has no connection to the Original Steakhouse. They bought the rights to use his name.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The Original Steakhouse on Glades and the Turnpike doesn't have Schnelly's name on it anymore I don't think. And it was pretty well decorated with Howard stuff, not necessarily FAU stuff though. Lots of UM things and such.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Don't know how accurate this is, but apparantly Schnelly has no connection to the Original Steakhouse. They bought the rights to use his name.

Thats 100% correct, they leased the useage of his name.  Although i still think his name is one the building.  He useto make appearences at the place all the time.  They have one of the nicest bars to watch the games on.
Back to the top
Control functions: