Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 RECRUITING

Don't think we have a thread yet for this… anyway:

Found this article on Tampa Wharton safety Jairus Jones (6-foot-2, 205 pounds). He has a scholarship offer from FAU… and Nebraska.

Tampa Bay, Florida news | Tampa Bay Times/St. Pete Times
Back to the top

Re: 2009 RECRUITING

owlcountry said

Don't think we have a thread yet for this… anyway:

Found this article on Tampa Wharton safety Jairus Jones (6-foot-2, 205 pounds). He has a scholarship offer from FAU… and Nebraska.

Tampa Bay, Florida news | Tampa Bay Times/St. Pete Times

Outstanding size for a high school safety. He could either grow into a huge safety or a solid linebacker.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Three star RB Branden Oliver from Miami… also has interest from FIU.

Branden Oliver - Yahoo! Sports

Definitely talented. With him, Barasch and Stinson, we could do very, very well at RB in 2010.
Back to the top

Looks like FAU is going hard for defensive end on Rivals, all 3 are in the top 35 nationally, 1 is #10.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Looks like FAU is going hard for defensive end on Rivals, all 3 are in the top 35 nationally, 1 is #10.

Do you think we'll recruit another QB (for Fall 09) or cool it for awhile?

If so, I'd like to see them push hard for these two guys…

<a href="Nico Flores - Yahoo! Sports">Nico Flores</a> (pro-style) and <a href="">Denard Robinson</a> (dual-threat)

According to Rivals, Robinson was at FAU recently and was made an offer (one of about 40 offers he's recieved but apparently the only one to offer him QB as most people want him as ATH or CB)
Back to the top

2009 RECRUITING

Personally as a Deerfield Alum, I gotta say go for Denard, maybe get a 2 QB system where Denard can keep defenses off-balance and be used for short yardage and goal line situations.  I dont see why we shouldnt pick up at least one more QB prospect for next year, a large group of QBs gives a more stable talent pool from which to draw from and to compete for the starting position.  Brings the best out of them.

If HS does what hes known for, he will continue to get great QBs and mold them into NFL caliber, FAU could be the next Quarterback U.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Personally as a Deerfield Alum, I gotta say go for Denard, maybe get a 2 QB system where Denard can keep defenses off-balance and be used for short yardage and goal line situations.  I dont see why we shouldnt pick up at least one more QB prospect for next year, a large group of QBs gives a more stable talent pool from which to draw from and to compete for the starting position.  Brings the best out of them.

If HS does what hes known for, he will continue to get great QBs and mold them into NFL caliber, FAU could be the next Quarterback U.

Agreed. Rivals said that FAU extended an offer after Denard proved himself the MVP of a recent FAU camp. Whether he takes that offer is unknown considering he has about 40 of them, from unknown schools to SEC schools. So I'm not going to get my hopes up. If it were just against FIU/UCF/USF I'd be more confident.

Plus I think that Nico guy is the real deal but it looks like he wants to go to Florida. Even so, I think Florida is more interested in 5-star, Top Ten quarterbacks since they know they can get them.

Here's an interesting RB prospect:

Southridge's Branden Oliver getting interest from FAU, FIU
http://www.miamiherald.com/620/story/572524.html

Over the years, the Southridge football program has established itself as one of the top programs in Miami-Dade County… The team's top college prospect for the upcoming season is running back Branden Oliver, who is currently ranked 21st on The Miami Herald's Top 25 football players in Miami-Dade county list, is described by his coach as the heart of his squad… Oliver, who is being courted by Florida Atlantic and Florida International, rushed for 998 yards on 156 attempts and finished with 11 touchdowns his junior year. The 5-8, 185-pound rusher also caught 12 passes for 123 yards. This season, the senior hopes to improve on what he called his ''breakout year'' and is confident he can eclipse the 2,000-yard mark. ''I will be in the 2,000's [yards],'' Oliver said. According to the website InsidetheU.com, Oliver is ranked 31st on their list of the top players in Miami-Dade, behind a slew of running backs, but Oliver says he is out to prove he's the top back in the county.

Nice. I'd love to have Barasch (kid is amazing, look on Youtube), Stinson and this guy giving us tremendous power at RB. Right now we have some good RBs but nobody amazing. Edgecomb is great but he needs more yard per carry IMO.
Back to the top

FYI- Don't know if anyone knew this but DJ Brown from Dunnelon had an FAU offer, as well as FSU, UCF, and Purdue.  He committed to UCF today.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

FYI- Don't know if anyone knew this but DJ Brown from Dunnelon had an FAU offer, as well as FSU, UCF, and Purdue.  He committed to UCF today.

Ahh.
Back to the top

Edgecomb is good, but IMO he is an open field guy, which is why he is great for kickoff returns….when it comes to hardnose running he just hasn't proven himself.  But you are right, can't wait for some sick FAU rushing.

Back to the top
Control functions: