Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Assistant Coaches

Add topic

"Mike Jarvis has hired his son, Mike Jarvis II, and former Providence assistant Vince Cautero on at Florida Atlantic according to Fox Sports."

I got this information off the providence college message board on scout.com.
Back to the top

Re: Assistant Coaches

here it is…
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox?All=1

RANDOM NOTES: New Florida Atlantic coach Mike Jarvis has made two hires thus far. His son, Mike Jarvis II, will join him - as will former Providence assistant Vince Cautero - who spent six years as an assistant at Florida International. … St. John’s guard Larry Wright has transferred to Oakland University. … BYU’s Jonathan Tavernari is with the Brazilian National Team this summer in hopes of qualifying for the Olympics. … Brewster Academy forward Emmanuel Negedu has completed half of his four-visit schedule to pick a new school after being released from his letter-of-intent from Arizona. He saw Indiana last week and just left Georgia Tech. He will go to bitter rivals Tennessee and Memphis prior to making a decision.
Back to the top

Thanks RhodeIslandOwl…good info!

On a side note, he also hired Matt McCall formerly with UF…however, no mention of him?
Back to the top

the notes from fox sports were from over a week ago dated june 10, so Matt McCall was maybe the 3rd hire.  If all this is accurate we now know who his 3 assistants are.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

the notes from fox sports were from over a week ago dated june 10, so Matt McCall was maybe the 3rd hire.  If all this is accurate we now know who his 3 assistants are.

ahh, ok…makes sense…….
Back to the top

Assistant Coaches

so is this a state secret or fall under the anti-terrorism act?  why can't the fans know?  I assume if the article is true, there have been sightings on campus, etc.,…where are our intrepid reporters and campus snoops on this?

great news, if true.  I would suspect it is true, as I have had his son penciled in for some time now.
Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

so is this a state secret or fall under the anti-terrorism act?  why can't the fans know?  I assume if the article is true, there have been sightings on campus, etc.,…where are our intrepid reporters and campus snoops on this?

great news, if true.  I would suspect it is true, as I have had his son penciled in for some time now.

Lol…it's not even on the schools own athletics web site…thats sad…….
Back to the top

Maybe contracts haven't been signed yet…or the BOT needs to approve the hires.  :)
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Maybe contracts haven't been signed yet…  :)

Yeah,Ted has something on his blog about that…from yesterday afternoon…and that all three wont be on staff:

Link
Back to the top

And now Marcus chimes in…although i dont know what "up in the air means" MJ!

Get er dun!

Link
Back to the top
Control functions: