Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SportingNews Blurb about FAU and Michigan State...

Thanks to a poster on the MUTS board.

Sporting News - Real Insight. Real Fans. Real Conversations.

Pertinet FAU Quote

Let's hear it for Sparty, everyone. In what will likely be the worst BCS league for noncon games, Michigan State has a road game against an upper-tier Pac-10 team and a game against Notre Dame. More: a home game against Florida Atlantic, the Sun Belt champ from last year that – trust me – isn't too far removed from beating Florida State and Miami.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: SportingNews Blurb about FAU and Michigan State...

SportingNews Blurb about FAU and Michigan State...

Sweet... :)
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Thanks to a poster on the MUTS board.

Sporting News - Real Insight. Real Fans. Real Conversations.

Pertinet FAU Quote

Let's hear it for Sparty, everyone. In what will likely be the worst BCS league for noncon games, Michigan State has a road game against an upper-tier Pac-10 team and a game against Notre Dame. More: a home game against Florida Atlantic, the Sun Belt champ from last year that – trust me – isn't too far removed from beating Florida State and Miami.

Man, I soooooooo hope we can do the miraculous this season, earn ourselves a position among the top teams… think about the press for that going into games against Nebraska and ??? (since the OOC schedule isn't finished for '09)
Back to the top

I think thats more a reflection on how far FSU and UM have dropped in everyone's mind rather more so than a great big endorsement for FAU. The thing is, I agree with that comment but I also know that FSU and UM not too long ago were playing for national titles on a yearly basis. Who in their right minds would have ever thought FSU or UM would go 7-6 and 5-7 in '07 a few years ago?!?!
Back to the top

Ok, so he has some credibility…he covered Florida…which, btw, he didnt throw into the mix…Lol

"Matt Hayes has covered college football since 1990 and has worked at Sporting News since 2000. He covered college football and the NFL at the Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, Fla., and has been Sporting News' college football insider since 2003. He lives in Orlando."
Back to the top
Control functions: