Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pena asks for release

Add topic

Ill give credit where its due for the source.  According to Mark over on the FAU Rivals site Dago Pena has requested a release from his letter of intent with FAU.

Not Good if its true.   :(
Back to the top

Re: Pena asks for release

Does anybody know more about this and is it too late for Jarvis to maybe change his mind. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

Ill give credit where its due for the source.  According to Mark over on the FAU Rivals site Dago Pena has requested a release from his letter of intent with FAU.

No, not good IF it's true…

I wonder who he spoke to…if he is quoting Pena directly, then i would say its a done deal…

Shine is now an island…he would have to be…because no other school will do a two for like "the other guy" did…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

roscoeowl said

No, not good IF it's true…

I wonder who he spoke to…if he is quoting Pena directly, then i would say its a done deal…

Shine is now an island…he would have to be…because no other school will do a two for like "the other guy" did…

Ugh………. Yeah this news is going to make me a foul owl this weekend. 
Back to the top

Pena asks for release

roscoeowl said

Does anybody know more about this and is it too late for Jarvis to maybe change his mind.

Why would he want to change his mind? That gives him an opportunity to bring in his own recruits.

This is really unfortunate but one way or another, the beat goes on.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

roscoeowl said

Why would he want to change his mind? That gives him an opportunity to bring in his own recruits.

This is really unfortunate but one way or another, the beat goes on.

Why would he want to change his mind?????  He is a top 150 recruit.  He would have been a definite 3 maybe 4 year starter for FAU.  No way in hell Jarvis can find someone to sign for this years class this late that that is as good or better than Pena. Pena is one of if not possibly the best basketball recruits FAU has ever signed.   I see what your saying though owlcountry, It is true Pena was not a Jarvis recruit and who knows maybe Jarvis can pull some suprise miracles. But man Pena is one guy I really hate to see us lose. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

No way in hell Jarvis can find someone to sign for this years class this late that that is as good or better than Pena. Pena is one of if not possibly the best basketball recruits FAU has ever signed.   I see what your saying though owlcountry, It is true Pena was not a Jarvis recruit and who knows maybe Jarvis can pull some suprise miracles. But man Pena is one guy I really hate to see us lose. 

i echo the loss sentiment…BUT, there are still some VERY talented kids out there…each day i read of someone landing or losing someone talented…

Case in point:

PENA :)

we'll just have to wait and see…keep the Faith! :)
Back to the top

If it is true, it is odd that Pena wouldn't want to be coached by a very experienced D1 coach with a  lot of success. Walters may be a good coach someday but he is still unproven and still learning.  Same goes for Balado.  I would think Pena would look at this as a better situation than he originally comitted to. Maybe not. We still don't know if the story is true.

How many players coached by Jarvis (in college) made it to the NBA?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

roscoeowl said

No way in hell Jarvis can find someone to sign for this years class this late that that is as good or better than Pena. Pena is one of if not possibly the best basketball recruits FAU has ever signed.   I see what your saying though owlcountry, It is true Pena was not a Jarvis recruit and who knows maybe Jarvis can pull some suprise miracles. But man Pena is one guy I really hate to see us lose. 

i echo the loss sentiment…BUT, there are still some VERY talented kids out there…each day i read of someone landing or losing someone talented…

Case in point:

PENA :)

we'll just have to wait and see…keep the Faith! :)

You may be right Floridaowl, I can see Jarvis bringing in better players than Pena next year and down the road but its gonna be tough bringing in someone of Penas caliber this late.  Who knows maybe Jarvis can pull some magic.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

If it is true, it is odd that Pena wouldn't want to be coached by a very experienced D1 coach with a  lot of success. Walters may be a good coach someday but he is still unproven and still learning.  Same goes for Balado.  I would think Pena would look at this as a better situation than he originally comitted to. Maybe not. We still don't know if the story is true.

How many players coached by Jarvis (in college) made it to the NBA?

Completely true.  I figured most of the recruits would look at this as turning out to be a better situation for themselves since Jarvis took over. 
Back to the top
Control functions: